Honest opinion on overflow placement?

I guess that makes some sense.

do you have pics of where you relocated the battery? I relocated mine and was just wondering how you did yours, also I like the placement of the overflow tank.:rockon:

theres a second valve in the cap that opens with vacuum. when you turn the car off and the coolant goes from hot to cold the system vacuum’s it back in. btw mines in the same location i don’t see why you hate it so much. i couldn’t find a place to put mine either.

Srry it has taken me so long to reply guys. Been very busy.
Redtegra- that has to be the most logical reason I’ve gotten yet. That makes some sense because if it did act as a vacum without a second valve it would just seal the cap even more.
I don’t really know why I don’t like it there. It’s probably because I’m the kinda person that likes “less = more” lol I’d really rather not have one at all.

Paladinkaos- it’s in the hatch on the passengers side. I can’t take pics bc now I have no interior bc the car is getting painted at the moment.

no problem man that is where i moved mine however i gutted the interior anyways since i’m hoping to make the car a autocross car that i can drive as a daily driver.

Its vacuum driven. When your radiator gets too hot the increased pressure is greater than the closing force of the spring in the radiator cap, forcing it to open the valve and let the coolant expand into the reservoir. When the coolant gets too low it causes a vacuum and sucks coolant back through the overflow hose and into the radiator.

p.s. Call me stupid, but whats up with your suspension? Is that a replacement subframe and control arms (referring to the gold linkage and the black bar its bolted to)? If so, is it a custom job or something you can buy, and does it fit a 91 integra? (sorry, cant tell what type of car you have)

thats a traction bar…alot of guys use them for headers clearance, and also like its called helps with traction

roger that, thanks for the swift reply. was I correct that it replaces the subframe? Im guessing so as adding parts doesnt give you more room unless it replaces something larger.

edit: found the answer online