Horsepower question

I just wanted to know what people thought.

Heres the setup: B18a1 with short ram intake,port and polish throttle body with spacer, skunk2 intake manifold with port and polish head with crower 403`s and aem cam gears,dc 4-2-1 headers with 4inch full exhaust and platinum plugs

how much horsepower do yall think i could get out of all that?

Stock:130
after:?

Get the car on a Dyno, its the only real answer.

A 4" exhaust is beyond retarded…

[QUOTE=therealkroysc;2151482]Get the car on a Dyno, its the only real answer.
[/QUOTE]
Not to mention he’s going to need to get it tuned to actually make full potential from all of those parts. If he’s using a stock ecu program he’s missing out on a lot of power.

4" is wayyyy too big. If you plan on sticking with N/a, you should be fine with 2.5"

Hopefully he will be getting a tune.

Dyno would be the best way, but I will take a wild guess and say ~160 whp?

160whp in your dreams. especially if the block is stock. btw it’s unclear what you wrote. you didn’t polish the intake did you?

I’ve seen 160whp on a stock LS block before. Nearly 10yrs ago AllMotorLS was seeing ~164whp with a stock block, Gude head package, and basic bolt ons.

With that said, I don’t necessarily think this person will see those numbers. The Gude head increases compression ratio, I’m guessing his cam gears haven’t been tuned (and neither has anything else), and the stock DC header is probably too restrictive.

lol at you guys crushing his dreams :up:

it’s reality. with the stock compression and no tune there won’t be much gains and possibly loses on the low end.

[QUOTE=Colin;2151847]I’ve seen 160whp on a stock LS block before. Nearly 10yrs ago AllMotorLS was seeing ~164whp with a stock block, Gude head package, and basic bolt ons.

With that said, I don’t necessarily think this person will see those numbers. The Gude head increases compression ratio, I’m guessing his cam gears haven’t been tuned (and neither has anything else), and the stock DC header is probably too restrictive.[/QUOTE]

Colin is right. I did it back in 1999… still set up the same way.

Dude! Haven’t seen you on here in ages, didn’t know you still visited. Although I hope this new forum gets fixed and back to how it looked before, cause I’ve only been logged on for a few minutes now and I’m already going blind.

I stop in from time to time just to see what’s going on. You’re the only one I still comminicate with from here as this place seems to be full of newbies demanding answers that we all found a decade ago. I don’t see Dan, Johnny, Loc or anyone on this site anymore so aside from having you around, it’s kind of like starting over. This place has changed a lot… good or bad… that’s simply what has happened. That and I am moving into the Hayabusa world once my Buggy is done. I really wish the DA was on my priority list but… I don’t see that happening unless I stick a stock motor in there like you and I were discussing a few months ago. It is fun watching you work on here with the new kids though…

Yeah, Dan’s rarely around, Johnny and Loc are long gone. Almost all of the OG’s aren’t really the original OG’s… back from the 8m days.

I sort of re-found my love for the DA after having it sit for years so I’ve been a bit more active. Figure when I’m at work and procrastinating anyway I might as well help keep things on track here but most of the time I feel it’s almost futile.

Hayabusa’s eh? gnarly!

[QUOTE=Colin;2157113]Yeah, Dan’s rarely around, Johnny and Loc are long gone. Almost all of the OG’s aren’t really the original OG’s… back from the 8m days.

I sort of re-found my love for the DA after having it sit for years so I’ve been a bit more active. Figure when I’m at work and procrastinating anyway I might as well help keep things on track here but most of the time I feel it’s almost futile.

Hayabusa’s eh? gnarly![/QUOTE]

Last I heard, Loc was a Physical Therapist in Pasadena and has his own business.

I’d like to work on the DA more and finish it, maybe do some more modern stuff to it like the under hood wire tucks/elimination and freshen it up and put it on the dyno again to see what the numbers are 11 years after the build.

Here’s what I’m building now…

What’s the powerplant in there?