how come my coolant foams??

i dont know why!! did this happen to anybody? my car also overheats! please help!

the coolant foams because air is leaking into the system from somewhere–blown headgasket, leaking radiator and a few other reasons. is the exhaust smoking at all

tanks for the reply man!! thats the thing, i just got my car back yesterday, it is a jdm b16a with a port and polished head, new valvetrain, skunk2 intake manifold,new head gasket stuff like that, and no the exhaust is not smoking! is it possible of a headgasket problem? is it possible they installed the headgasket upside down??

If I remember correctly, you have to bleed the coolent system whenever the system has been emptied. Their is a bleader valve next to the thermostat I believe, let the car warm up (until the fan kicks on) then open that bleader valve. Maybe this will fix your problem. Also, if their is a lot of air in the system, your thermostat might not work correctly, that could be your overheat problem??

Obviously you don’t want to leave the valve open forever, even though it reads that way.

Anyone else agree/disagree?

i bleed the coolant sytem 3 times… anybody else can shed sum light on this? is it possible that it can be a wrong vacuum/coolant hose hooked up?

the problem would have to be a leak in the system is the car losing fluid, that you can tell anyway, cause if its a headgasket it may burn a litlle at a time but not enough to notice

Yeah, headgasket sounds like the problem. CHeck your oil and make sure it isn’t a funny color. My dad told me a way to check for a headgasket leak is to take the cap off the radiator when it is cold and start the car and if it bubles then there is a problem somewhere.

yeh dats exactly wha happens, when the radiator cap is off and when i start the car it shoots up… i guess it must be a headgasket problem… thanks for the replys!

just got my b16a back. the problem was the shortblock surface was uneven due to warpage (?) how dat happen i dunno on a suppose 30 -40k jdm engine… anyways it had to be decked that was the fix