how does this sound

well i was wondering if the price for this set up would be reasonable…
b18 with pr3 b16 pistons bought brand new from honda, stock ls rods shot peened and cyrotreated, bottom end is fully balanced and blueprinted comes with a stock lightened flywheel that weighs 12.5 pds…oh and the price is 500obo…thanks…oh and one more thing…i would like to rebuild my motor so i was wondering, when some of you guys rebuilt your engines what step did you first take and what was the first thing you did. i would like to do a p&p and cam gears and cams but is there anything else to do first…thanks…

i hate to sound like a smart ass, but i can’t help myself. the first thing i do is pull the motor out. there are those people that prefer to do all the work without taking the block out. it’s alot better on your back and simply easier all the way around to just pull it and build it on a stand. ok, now that i’ve made that comment, i’ll give you more of the answer you are probably looking for. disassemble the motor and learn how to use a micrometer. measure everything to check if any machine work happened to be done on the motor previously. there’s nothing like buying a ton of standard sized parts for something that’s been bored. my other recommendation is to take it to a machine shop and have everything pressure tested. and if you don’t get anything else done, at least get the block and head decked to match. that way you’re sure to get a really good seal on the head gasket. that should get you a good start.