How To: Chipping a PR4 ECU

ok , guys , i dont mean to be stupid , but , i’m confuse .
my teg is an 92 , now i know i have a pr4 obd-1 , n i have a y-s1 transmission , but my rev limit is a 6000 , i was thinking to chip it out .
wat u guys recomend , and pleaseeeeee givme clear answers or solutions .
thanks fam’s .

if its 6000 its got probs

any check engine lights? is the yellow light on your gauge cluster that has a picture of the engine stay on while driving? when my car had problems revving all the way up to set redline, the problem i had was that my air temperature sensor was bad… it wouldnt let me drive it past 6k (but im obd-0 & have a b16a) once i changed it out everything was good.

Here is a little writeup from a good friend/ Team Integra Moderator chipping my p61 ecu for uberdata. (fyi the thing about grounding is a joke) he’s very good at explaining how this stuff works, and he has taught me a lot about ecu tuning. i trust him completely and plan on having him teach me some more on the dyno.

DIY OBD1 ECU Mod for external ROM

when i first got my car i took my seatbelt module out as well and i was like theres no fucking led light on here

Does anybody know where I can get a chip with the rev limiter and program already on it. I been looking at ur posts and I aint tryin to get 1 on ebay.

Email me your setup, maybe I can help.

What’s the main difference in the ROM of a auto vs. manual tranny ECU? I’m about to buy a chipped OBD-0 ECU (includes a burnable chip) but my car’s an auto. I think the ECU I’m looking at might be out of a manual tranny. Seller tells me they’re the same, but I’m not 100% sure about this fact.

You arent going to be able to really do anything with the DIY Editors and an Auto Tranny/ECU

Everything that has been developed was done for manuals…anything that works with Auto stuff just happens to work.

So what you’re saying then is that this ECU I’m looking at would be pointless? I’ve looked around on this site and I’m wondering how those with boosted Tegs w/auto trannies tune their cars - or is it even possible. This was why I was looking at this ECU. :flame:

Are there any boosted G2s on this site running auto tranny?

I don’t know for sure. I’ve read a lot of threads about people wanting to do it or supposedly have something in the works but nothing with concrete evidence.

Just hijacking this thread, but in 2003 Ben Ogle (creator of BRE) and Chris (Xenocron) were starting to post how-to’s on Chipping. One for the record books.

after chipping your ecu are you required to use 91 octain fuel do to the advanced timing.

only if your fuel and timing maps require it

i was wonderin, i just chiped my obd0 pr4 ecu and it worked all fine when i did it but for the passed couple mornings on my way to school its been throwing a code 1 in the same exact spot. i dont know if this has happend to anyone else or what im bout to change out the oxygen synsor

i was wandering if it was possible to put i guess its called a socket in an obd0 ecu

yes

http://wikitest.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view.pl/Library/IntroductionToECUChipping
Pictures and an explanation of ecu chipping.

[QUOTE=B R;484142]Very true, Ive. Tony’s P61 was the same way when I chipped it for him. He already have everything there. Made it a lot easier on me, and he left a happy camper :smiley:

Later,
BR[/QUOTE]

Is there anyone here that can do chipping if so for how much???