How To: Chipping a PR4 ECU

pr4 chip???

would you be able to use the normal chip for auto LS integra`s because i see that they have the chip in suto but only for 92 onwards …
i have a 91 integra and im not sure if it will work ??..
can you use the 92 chips in Ls or do i have to look for auto chip for 91 teg…

90-91 = OBD0

92-95 - OBD1

Cant swap chips…

chipped

cool its that easy how can you get the stuff to burn the chips for custom tune s does any one know , my spray set up requires better tunes in cold weather

all you need is reburnable chips and a chip burner

www.transtronics.com

they all sell burners

if you need the components to chip your own ECU, I sell them for cheap for DIYers

http://www.xenocron.com/te

I got my ECU chipped,(92’ OBD1)And I was wondering, If I wanna change to a different chip, Do I have to swap all of the little parts again, or just the main board with the IC socket?

Well, if the guy who chipped it wasnt dumb, you will have a socket. All you have to do is pull the chip out of the socket and put the new/reflashed one back in the socket (the right way!!).

Ben

My mans a PRO…and I was asking a simple question…Can I just swap the main chip in the IC socket to work? or would I need to change all the resistors and stuff too?

Ben

New Chip Obd1

Well, I just got a new chip and put it in the IC socket.
I resetted the ECU like recommended.
It was a SPOON chip off of Ebay. It says that I could rev to 8500 RPMs, but I can only go to 7500 RPMs.

Does anybody know why I cant go to 8500 RPMs? Is there a safety feature built into the ECU or do I need to upgrade my valvetrain?

Also if it adjusts my timing, should I put my timing back to stock? And can I still put it to stock with a chip installed?

Any info would be great, and let me know what chips worked for ya’ll.

Probably because it wasnt a real SPOON chip like they said it was…

i have a question regarding the vtec conversion on the ecu. can’t i just chip the ECU with a vtec program? what else is needed? i have a pr4 obd0 ls ecu.

-kenny

You cant do a VTEC conversion on an OBD0 PR4

where can i get the chips locally ?/

Most likely you cant unless you have some obscure electronics supply retail store. there isnt much in retail on those types of things

about the juper

about the juper can you put a switch on the j1’s for stock choice…

On OBD1 only…

umm i got a chip but it didnt come with the socket, can i just install the chip without the socket.i know i wont b able to change programs if im able to just put chip in without socket first, but i dont care. and also would it be easier to use a solder sucker or desoldering braid to desolder?

get a socket…hell, throw me a couple bucks and ill mail you one…what if the chip is defunct? you wont know if its your soldering or the chip

damn chips, im gonna get an hondata ecu

thanx xenocorn

obd 1 is so mush more easy for any mode