how to get glue off door from carpet..

i removed the carpet from the pass. side with no problems, but the driver side has alot of glue. i can’t seem to find anything to get it off. was hoping someone has done it with success…

when this happened to me, i did a serious search of the boards for a few days…and now i can’t find the thread again…

i ended up using mineral spirits to get the glue off…and a plastic puddy knife…took alot scraping to get it all :frowning:

I forget what I used, but I think it was either 3m adhesive remover or acetone, and a hell of a lot of scrubbing. Try the 3m first since it’s “milder” than the acetone.

Hey I used WD40 on my doors when I took the glue off of the panels, it worked pretty well for me. Just be careful how much and where you spray it.:cool:

Hope it helps.

Originally posted by Rockstar1129
[B]Hey I used WD40 on my doors when I took the glue off of the panels, it worked pretty well for me. Just be careful how much and where you spray it.:cool:

Hope it helps. [/B]

:werd:

joe:D

paint thinner.lots-0-elbow grease

Removal

If you spray a little paint over it, wait for it to dry, and then scrape, it will flake off easier. | :gun2:

When i took off my fabric i used acetone (you can get this at any hardware store) and a lot off rubbing and it came off really good. Just be careful not to get it on the plastic door handle and window switch.

thanks for all the info fellas. i ended up using alcohol and brake cleaner with a scrub brush. it looks pretty good. now i’m starting on the carpet in the rear. i’ll post pics when i’m all done.

if I remember correctly and you are talking about the same rears that I’m thinking of, the rear carpet removal will expose metal panels or something.

rollen, my friend here in cbus took his rear carpet out, i wouldnt do it, it looks bad, o frget exactly, but i think it shows some squares or something, ill look at it again when i see him…

I just took out the metal panel that holds the rear carpet you all are talking about. If you took off the carpet small holes would show through where the metal is bent back to clip into the door panel. I’m still planning to take the carpet off though and I’m trying to decide how to cover up these holes. Any help would be great, if I figure something out I’ll let you know.

“Goof Off” peoples.

…found at most hardware stores, it comes in a yellow spray can.

personaly dude wet sand it thats what i did now im just waiting for my red vinyl paint to come in :idea:

So you can rice your car?

um im not sure what you meant by that please repeat

Do these little pieces of metal show thru on 2 doors only, or if I take the carpet off of the rear doors on my 4 door will it expose metal to? Thanks

yea just the rear has the metal plates i think 4 doors dont have them its vinyl all the way around i just painted mine red it looks so sool

door.jpg

i didnt expect it to come out so good but it came out perfect like it came wit it out the factory