Hydraulic transmission swap, take 2

New name, new outlook on life. Zoomintegra doesn’t exist anymore. Worked out some things with Neil and others, as well as myself. That being said, here goes…

Okay, this is pretty straightforward. Unfortunately I don’t have photos at this time. I just got back recently (as many of you know) from being deployed, and coupling that with an ORI (graded wargames) here at Offutt, I’m honestly pretty damned busy. However, here’s the prelimiary write-up, and when I get some more time I will do a more extensive (hopefully step-by-step provided the guy follows through with his plan) pictorial write-up. But this covers the important steps.

First things first!! I HIGHLY recommend doing this with the engine out of the bay. That’s how I did mine, and should you come to me with questions and you’re trying to do it with the engine in the bay, be prepared for me to go into asshole mode. I can’t answer questions if you’re doing it differently than me, because i hate discussing theory and then people getting pissed when it doesn’t work. I will relate MY experiences and my experiences only.

You’ll need to start out, obviously, with the transmission of your choice from a 94-up integra. LS/GS, GSR, B16 and ITR will all install the same. You’ll also need to go to either a boneyard or your local O’Reilly’s and source the following parts:

–Clutch Pedal assembly from any 94-up integra
–Clutch Master Cylinder from any 94-up integra
–All hardlines from a 94-up integra OR appropriate braided hose and fittings. Personally, i used the hardlines out of a wrecked car so I am not familiar with the correct size and length of various hose and fittings necessary. Perhaps one day i will upgrade, but what i have works just fine for me for now, and the lines, MC, and pedal assembly were 50 bucks from a local boneyard. 99 gsr, got rearended.

Finally, you’ll need to contact Place Racing at 626-334-3345 and tell them you’re putting a b-series hydro tranny into a 90-93 integra and you need the mount. As of today when I talked to them, it costs $157 and they have several in stock. mention g2ic and who knows you might get a deal.

The install is so straightforward once you get in that engine bay there’s really nothing left to say to be honest. Remove your stock clutch cable and pedal assembly as per the instructions in the Helms. If you don’t have the Helms, don’t email or IM me asking for instructions. BUY A HELMS. I have the .pdf scan on my computer for previewing a job, and when i’m actually working i have the printed version that i purchased with me. I suggest you do the same.

You’ll need to do a little bit of firewall drilling to attach the master cylinder in the engine bay; as soon as you get the stock pedal out and mock up the assembly you’ll see exactly what needs to be drilled. 10 minute job right there; very simple.

Attach and run the clutch lines along the firewall (if you use braided lines, you don’t have to follow the firewall, just make sure you have enough slack to work around anything resembling an engine that may later be there). With the Place Racing mount in place, put your engine and tranny in the car. attach the lines to the slave cylinder, fill the master, and bleed it all. You’re set to go!!

Any questions feel free to contact me via email – armed_ferret@cox.net – or AIM: AirForceTeg

Mark, once again, you’re my hero :bow:

Thanks for reposting this and welcome back.

This is probably one of the best and most intriguing write ups ever. PLEASE throw some pics in when you get a chance!

Like I said in my email, Thank You!!!

Excellent, Smithers … :clap: You have inspired me to put an ITR trans in my 92 gs-r.

E-mailed you… looks like the MC won’t fit where it needs to go :wtf:

i see no mention about the clutch assy… can i keep my old da stuff, or must i use a clutch for a 94-up dc?

If your car is 92-93 you should be able to keep your clutch. 90-91 I believe would need the newer clutch

dont get mad

now that place is out of biss,hasaport doenst make it yet (the mount) how else can this be done??? :hmm:

or instead of doing all that, you take the hydro tranny’s internals, and put them in a cable tranny’s casing. Much easier.

I work for a company called Collective Racing in Tucson,Az (collectiveracing.net)…

We work exclusively with HASport and we have recently blown their phone up with requests for 1: Billet replacement mounts for the DA chassis & 2: A direct cable to hydro conversion for this car.

If anyone is familiar with HASports Cable to Hydro Conversions you know the time and quality put into each 1… This kit should do away with the hydro lines and allow you to use your {better} cable system w/ a 94 and later Hydro trans.

Good News: The Conversion is in the works

Bad New: Who knows when it will be finished

can you bug them for some H22 into a DA mounts too:D

Anyone know where I can get a Place racing mount? I need it ASAP. Maybe someone has a stockpile somewhere… :shrug:

HASport probably wont do them…HOWEVER…We are working on a mounting kit that uses a billet adapter plate that allows the use of the (stonger/ more reliable, rod shifted) B-Series transmission on the H-22…It has been done before, but limited information is availible…

Anyone Seriously inteested in this should call us!!!

Collective Racing
Tucson, Az
(520) 296-2223
Ask for Scott or Josh and tell us you read about it on G2IC.com

No set production dates but it is under development

if your swap out the internals and put hydro internals like earlier stated can u also use lsd or do u need a hydro lsd tranny.

This really only works on the 92-93 YS1 cable trans…the later DA trans. shares the larger splines/shafts as the later hydro trans… This means you can put any or all of a late model B-16 or Type-R gear set(including LSD and Final drive).

I put a 93 YS1 in my 90 last July and Im currently slaving my ass away to get my Type-R LSD and Final…keeping the LS/ GSR gears…let you all know of the progress!

JP

hi i am doing a auto to manual on my da9 and want to add the pedel set from a 94 up integra so i can run a hydro clutch. can you plz post some pic of what you did ???