I didn't know a Car Wash would give me this...

So, after 4 months or so of owning the Teg, I finally decided it’s time to wash her up. So, I went through one of those automatic No-Touch car wash depots at a local gas station, and gave her a good run-through. After driving for minute afterwards, my engine light came on. So, I’m thinking, “Damn, what could this be?”

When I pulled in to my company’s parking lot, I opened up the carpeting and looked at the ECU code. Two quick blinks -> Code 2 -> Secondary O2 sensor. Now, I’m thinkin’ “What did the Car Wash do to throw me this code?”

Engine: B16 88-91 OBD0
Tranny: J1
Exhaust Manifold: B18 (Yeah, I know. Wrong manifold).
Primary O2: Unplugged but not throwing a code…hmmmmm.
Secondary O2: At first I thought the wiring on the ECU side was somehow hotwired to use the primary O2 as per Hondata. In essence One physical O2 sensor feeding both ECU terminals.

It’s just funny that before it wasn’t showing up, and my Primary O2 sensor is also not blinking.

Comments?

Oz

I have gotten codes from water getting in contact with the electronics; once everything dried up it was gone… from one day to the next. Wait 'till tommorrow and see if you still get it…

Thanks,

I just find it annoying right now because I might be driving along and actually get a major engine code. Running 40% rich with no O2 sensor is the least of my concerns since the engine is going on the rebuild block hopefully by next fall.

Regards,

Oz

Is it still coming on today? You should still get it checked out, it could have beeen a coincidence that you just got it washed…

I won’t find out until Saturday. The engine light is suppose to come on because none of my O2 sensors are actually hooked up in the first place. So, now, I’m gonna have to peruse through the mess of wires to find those 2 O2 sensors. OR, I’ll just wait until next year.

Regards,

Oz