I have a Power steering fluid leak. Where is it coming from?

A have a 91 GS and I take good care of it. This morning the reservoir seems almost empty. I filled it up to the max mark with Acura Power steering fluid. When I got to work, the fluid went down to min. Is it that time to change out a power steering pump? Or a simple “O” ring replacement? I see some seepage around the pump too. The engine bay is pretty much stock.

It shouldn’t be too hard to track down your leak. Start at the pump and work your way back to the steering rack and back to the cooler behind the bumper and back to the reservoir. None of the power steering parts are available from Acura anymore other than a few clamps.

I get my stuff from Peoria Acura. Tim always manages to get OEM parts for me even if its not listed on the website. Don’t ask me how he does that and why parts don’t show up in the system anymore.

I will check for any leaks this saturday. Thanks.

Top off and Brakleen around the suspected area then go for a drive and inspect.

I’ve already gone through a rack, and 3 PS pumps, I’ve also fixed my latest leak by simply using Prestone “Asian” branded PS fluid, don’t ask me how, it just stopped leaking!

Just replaced my PS seals… Easy to do… Rebuilt kit(o-rings) from Oreilly for $18.