I Have some rust spots on my DA any solution!??

I am new to g2ic but I intend doing a turbo k swap in my da and repainting it from green to black BUT THERE ARE SPOTS OF RUST ON THE CAR I know some parts can be sanded or wire brushed down but what about my rear fender well and on my quarter panel

Here is 2 more pictures of the rust https://imgur.com/a/nNHjg0u

Really you just need to start removing the paint to see what you’re dealing with. It may not be that bad and you can grind off the rust, add a little filler/primer and be done with it. Or it could be a LOT worse than it looks and you may need to cut out and patch some spots or possibly even remove entire panels and replace them. You really won’t know until you get in there and see the extent of the damage.

BTW, looks like you have a GS-R (DB2) not a DA. If that’s the case you should keep it green, painting it black would be a shame and would devalue the car significantly. DB2’s are starting to increase in value so any nice ones in the future will be worth something - but if they’ve undergone a color change they won’t be worth much at all. Keep it AGP! :slight_smile:

lmao all this time i thought it was a da thanks for the information ill be sure to go ahead and strip the paint

nn

Actually, at second glance I realize I may be wrong. You didn’t have your location posted - are you in Canada? That color was only available on the GS-R in the US but it was available in other trim levels in Canada.