I just bought a DA with a six speed tranny!!!

meanshyguy: with all due respect, i think you’re misinformed. and worst, possibly so mesmerized that you don’t want to see the errors of your reasoning.

a ys1 transmission just can’t be six-speed. it’s either a gsr or a ls transmission.

there are plenty threads here were the differences between the ys1’s ls and gsr transmissions.

get rid of those 18’s. those slow your car a lot. with the money from the wheels you can get smaller wheels or anything else needed.

same can be said of those headlights.

congrats on the buy. plans for it?

can I please have the last 2 minutes of my life back?

what is going on with all these wierd threads??

f20c direct swap into a da

i got 75 bucks what do I spend it on?

now 6 speed b series tranny’s

wth is next?

g2ic is definitely not the same. look like everyone else said no 6 speed for sure but you do have lsvtec:)

I think ive heard it all

Im still waiting for someone to do a 2JZ or RB swap into their DA :slight_smile:

this is the most ridiculous thing i have seen/heard in my life. A b-series with a 6 speed. If it really is a six speed, which its not cause it says YS1, but even if it is maybe the guy was going to do a K20Z swap, which is the Type S motor and Si motor, and put the transmission in before he bought the motor then gave up on his project and sold it. I know that is a long shot, an impossible long shot, but hey it could happen…

Now back to reality. You don’t have a six speed. You have a YS1 trans with an ls/vtec that doesnt run. Good luck.

Well the shifter goes into gear all the way to six, then reverse is all the way to the end, that’s what the guy that sold me that car said and that’s what my friend saw as well, it’s weird I know it but that’s what it came with. I’m keeping the rims, I think they look nice, I’m not gonna race the shit out of it anyways.
I’m cleaning the head now since it came w/o a valve cover, but it wasn’t as dirty as I thought, will post pics later.

maybe just maybe… nope.

An issue that old DA’s have is that shifting gets sloppy as time goes on. You’ll be in a gear but will still be able to move the shifter as if its in neutral. Are your not going from 5th to 4th again? Its very possible…

vids?

^as that would help too we already know its a YS1.

yeah let me figure out how to put a video here, well I just finished putting the valve cover on, oem fenders are done as well, I cleaned the interior a little and I’m gonna change the oil and plugs in a while as well, I just forgot the firing order on the spark plug wires from the §§§§§ to the cylinders, come on it’s an easy one, someome please tell me.

Wow dude did you get your license in New Mexico too? :wtf:

Ok, can anyone tell me what is that name of the part needed to stiffen out the shifter, it is very loose, I messed with it for a while and it is probably the cause why tranny looks like the car has 6 gears and since the guy who sold me the car didn’t even know it had vtec, I suppose he jumped from 5th to 4th cuz of the loose shifter, but I need that part.

Part number: 54201-SK7-902 ROD, GEARSHIFT 1 1990 INTEGRA 45.77

Acuraoemparts.com

The firing order is 1-3-4-2

Thank you sir!

[quote=gen2gsr;2054433]can i please have the last 2 minutes of my life back?

What is going on with all these wierd threads??

F20c direct swap into a da

i got 75 bucks what do i spend it on?

Now 6 speed b series tranny’s

wth is next?

G2ic is definitely not the same. Look like everyone else said no 6 speed for sure but you do have lsvtec:)

i think ive heard it all[/quote]

x2

wow this thread sucks :dozing:

i agree this place has changed alot latly people must have gotten some bad drugs or something

Cas someone lock this please, if you don’t like the thread don’t waste your time and bother posting shit!

Vid Pls.

i agree i havent been here long but iv been around cars all my life but some of these ppl are dumber than sacks of rocks:mad::mad::mad::mad::argh::argh:

I gots a seven speed and an XTR derailer in mine!