I just bought a DA with a six speed tranny!!!

I Just bought this car today, doesn’t run cuz it’s missing some stuff, but it has a six speed transmission, what the hell did it come from? I didn’t take the guy’s work, who seems to be pretty honest, but I tried the shifter and IT DOES HAVE 6 GEARS, plus reverse of course. Anybody has more info about this?

post some pics but i beleive its a k series tranny… is the motor hooked up to it :S if so just look at the block or tranny stamp and search the crap outta it

They’re about to deliver it so I don’t have it here yet, I got a great deal with clean title and all. I will post pics as soon as I have it here, hopefully tomorrow, I paid $500 :slight_smile: and yeah I though the tranny was rare but have to check to see where it came from.

Yeah some pics would help.Are you sure you dont just have a 6 speed shift knob

No sir, it’s a six speed, the reverse is way at the end, man I messed a little with it and I couldn’t believe it, the car even has some nice 18 inch rims, I know what you’re probably thinking, ricer, lol, but they actually look nice, but to each it’s own.

sounds like a k swap, when you look at the engine, do you see the intake manifold, or the exhaust closest to the front of the car?

It’s not a K swap, the intake manifold is by the firewall not on the front of the engine, I think it’s an LSvtec cuz the head has the vtec solenoid but the guy said it was a B18b1, I think he doesn’t know much about cars, I’m more familiar with the H series engines since I also own a 93 Prelude, but anyways, this car is weird, I just got it delivered about an hour ago.

Yeah, there’s NO way he got a K-swapped DA for $500.

I don’t know meanshyguy, you sure you didn’t smoke a little too much before looking at it? :angel: Seriously.

I got pics, by the way, I already got a pair or white oem fenders and hood that will be brought to my door including a radiator and fans for $160, damn good deal.

Sorry it’s dark

Now is that a vtec solenoid or what!!

These headlights are ok for now, it cam with two pairs actually, and some more stuff in the trunk but I didn’t get to go through everything!

These tailights don’t look like the ones I had on my 91 integra that I just happened to sell today! what kind are they?

I basically just payed for the rims, check them out, 18’s

take some better pics of the tranny

Looks like you might of gotten a DB2 for cheap! What’s the first 6 characters of the VIN? No six speed, but still an awesome pick up :rockon:

I think your full of :gay: Honda never made a b series 6-speed tranny.How about better pics of the tranny?

The tranny says YS1-then a bunch or numbers, the block says B18b1, the head says PR3-
I’ll take pics later on in the day.

You don’t have a 6-speed transmission (unless you are counting the 5 forward gears + reverse), you have a 5-speed. Reverse is supposed to be at the end.

whats your chassis code?

No sir, as a matter of fact my friend came over from New Mexico with the parts that I needed, he has a track car and he told me the tranny is a JDM LSD tranny and the head is a B16vtec so basically it’s an LSvtec with an LSD tranny according to him. He saw the tranny code and told me what it was.

LSD does not give it a reason for it to be a 6-speed. You still have a 5-speed.

And the tail lights are what comes stock on a 92-93.

must be mated to a k20 transmission :giggle:

Must be an rsx tranny then but it’s a damn 6 speed, plus reverse, anyways I’m glad a got a damn good deal.

i dont think thas remotely possible hookin up a B series to a K trans…but neways good luck on the car…