i need to know how to install 6 x 9 in a 90 4 dr

i searched for it…and nothing came up…i need help on how to take apart the stock 6 x 9’s in the back of the 4dr…i tried to take the covers off…but they seemed shut tight…can anyone help me in step by step process and what i have to take off first in order to install these new speakers.thx

wzup boss…maybe this will help:

1. First, make sure the positive and negative connections on the speakers are taken off. Remove speaker assembly (speaker along with speaker adapter) from the rear deck. There three nuts you gotta remove from inside the trunk. They’re either 10 or 12mm.

2. Once bolts are removed, the speaker assembly should lift right out. If not, just push on the magnet (from inside the trunk) a bit until it works itself free.

3. Now that the speaker assembly is removed from the rear deck, turn it around so that the magnet faces you. There are four screws that need to be removed to take off the grill. This will allow you to access another set of four screws that hold the 6x9 itself onto the speaker adapter. Remove these four screws and the speaker will now come off. Installion is reverse of this procedure. HTH

-White 90 Teg.

What White 90 Teg said is exactly correct as far as getting them out goes. However, just so you know, most aftermarket 6x9’s will not fit into the stock location without cutting the sheetmetal that’s there. The stock speakers have a very small basket compared to today’s aftermarket ones. You can always get a set of 6.5"s and an adapter, that’s what i did, it fits perfect and sounds great.

thank you for both of your helpful tips…i’ma go try it righ tnow… and i’ll tell u how it goes…btw i got boston accoustics FX93’s i’ll tell u how they sound :slight_smile:

thank you fellaz…juss finished…parents think i’m crazy…it was freezing cold outside and i was installin stereo int he dark…but u know how it is when u have something expensive and u want it on NOW! :slight_smile: thank you again…they sound gREAT!
best 140 bucks i spent in a long time…(better than those 1-2 hp performance mods) hehe

Are those 6x9"s you installed back there? If so, what kind of speakers are they how did you get them to fit?

Originally posted by OneClean4DR
btw i got boston accoustics FX93’s i’ll tell u how they sound :slight_smile:

i have a 4dr…they are different size than hatch…but yea they are 6x9’s and they fit perfectly…but u can’t use the grill they give u…u gotta use the stock cover. the speakers are clear…and have bass…

Yeah i have a 4dr too, the infinity Kappa 6x9"s i tried to put back there didn’t even come close to fitting, i didn’t think there were any aftermarket ones that were small enough to fit back there without some modification.

wzup sting336. i had the same experience with those kappas. There are a set of infiniti kappas that will fit though. Chances are that you find them brand new though. They are the infiniti 693i’s. They have the green silk dome. I have them in and they fit like a charm and sound really good too. try searching on ebay to come across a pair if you really want some 6x9 kappas. later bro.

-White 90 Teg

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sting336
i didn’t think there were any aftermarket ones that were small enough to fit back there without some modification. [/QUOTE
the bostons’ fit exactly… hehe no modification needed :slight_smile:

ummmmm… i have a 4 dr …and there not 6x9 there 6’s
whats gong on??? canadian, americain models differ?

i think they only came on GS models boss…

Infinity Kappa 6x9s

So the new kappa 693.9i’s will fit my 91 4 door GS?

This must be a GS thing cause my LS came with some 6.5 so I replaced them with some 6.5 Alpine Type S. SO MUCH BETTER! But any who my question is would it be worth removing them and installing some 6x9. A friend said since I don’t like subs and what not I could put those in the rear and use a decent amp to make em bump a little. Anything in the engine bay I could work all day but this audio shit I’m clueless. Thanks for any help.

i have some infinitys 6X9 back in the rear of my 4dr GS sedan and they fit with no modification needed…or at least nothing major i can remember…i think you only have to screw the speaker into the stock holders :slight_smile: - DOFL-FAVA

[QUOTE=On Dubs;368836]ummmmm… i have a 4 dr …and there not 6x9 there 6’s
whats gong on??? canadian, americain models differ?[/QUOTE] Get a set of GS speaker housings, [grill and mounting plate] and replace the 6.5" ones, it’s as easy as that. 94