i smell gas from the back passenger side

i smell gas from the back passenger side when i get out the car ,when the car been running for like 20 min or so and gas milage its bad…i tryed to go under the car and chekc for any leaks but i dont seem to find any or maybe i missed the spot…any suggestions…

Have you done a tune up of any kind recently>?

i changed the spark plugs and head gaskets about a year ago…thats it…

Have you run over anything lately. if your remove the back seat and the access panel for the fuel level sending unit, can you see pooling fuel or does the smell get stronger?

no i havent run over anything, i had this problem for awhile now…and nope i dont see any pooling fuel, but it does smells like gas tho cuz the gas tank is just right there…

with out droping the tank a little bit or completely, this could be hard to solve. it could be one of many things though. off the top of my head these could be likely culprits.

A. fuel pump seal
B. fuel pump presure line crush washers are leaking
C. the rubber fuel line is cracked

well hmm the fuel pump its under the back seat right?..i tryed to find where the leak coming from so i went under the car after i had driven it for like 20 mins everythin was silent and i can hear that somethin its gushing out went under the car and i cant find where the damn leak is at, i can hear it and i can smell gas , i tried to follow the sound and i try 2 reach the area where i hear the leak and smell but my hand was dry and it didnt smell like gas… i checked the pump and hoses thats next to the gas tank on the driver rear back for any leak with my hand and nothing my hand didnt smell like gas or anything…but i still kinda smell the gas in the air…

Try replacing the fuel cap

fuel cap where u fill up ur gas?.naw i dont think thats the problem

If it’s never been replaced and does not hold pressure (which is why you would smell gas), it sure could be the problem. Does it go “psssshhhhhhhhhhh” when you take it off>?

yes it does goes psssshhh, every time i pump gas…

I was getting a really bad fuel smell when I first got the DA6 both inside and outside the car (worse inside for some reason!) and it all went away when I changed to the correct filler cap.

i dont think is the filler cap. filler cap working fine for now…its just wierd cuz today i warm up my car for about 20 mins but didnt drove it and there wasnt no smell and i didnt hear anythin leakin out…