I Won My Case!!! (for All You Who Have Tickets In Ca Read Here)

Well I got the letter in the mail that said that my case was dismissed.

WOOOOOHOOOO!!!

How did I do it, you may ask?

Well I used what many people don’t know about in traffic court.
TRIAL BY DECLARATION!
Never have to set foot in the court room.

Background: I was cited for a violation of CVC code - 22350 Basic speed law. ( this was also in a construction zone at that). I always fight my tickets(unless it’s a simple fix it ticket). I had won one prevously about 2 years ago. So I got on the internet and I decided to do a trial by decloration These are the 2 sites that helped me alot:

http://www.ticketassassin.com/ This one has outlines you can use for a $15 fee (HMM- $250 and points on record and insurance vs. $15 which would you choose)

http://www.helpigotaticket.com This one helped me to understand the process and some of the laws behind them.

When you take it to court the officer (in CA and in most states) recieves about $200-300 in overtime pay so why not come in for 10 minutes and point a finger and get paid. But when you do a written trial the officer gets NOTHING for his testimony.
The one fallback is you do have to post the full bail amount at the time of request. In my case it was $276. If You win they send it back to you. But I suggest that if you can’t get the money try and barrow it forom a friend and pay them back.

If you loose this trial you still have a second chance, It’s called aTrial de Novo. This is only available if you have done a trial by decloration. Those sites have more info on it.

I AM NOT A STREETRACER, JUST A GUY WITH A NICE CAR THAT GETS PICKED ON BY THE POLICE. I recomend this to any one that has recieved a ticket or does recieve one in the future. The traffic system needs major reform. In doing research I learned alot about the CVC.

I am happy to help any one that would like it. Post here or E-Mail Me Trial de Novo

sweeet good info. i got a FTA for a ticket i forgot about and it doubled to like 500bucks. now they jsut sent me a notice saying my license is suspended. oh well once i fix my car ill drive over there and deal with it or something hah

are you talking about an actual program or something? sure send it my way xdeep0@yahoo.com

No it’s not a program. It a law in the CVC. Most people don’t know about it bucause the courts don’t like for you to know about it.

Re: I Won My Case!!! (for All You Who Have Tickets In Ca Read Here)

Originally posted by JLIntegra
[B]
I AM NOT A STREETRACER, JUST A GUY WITH A NICE CAR THAT GETS PICKED ON BY THE POLICE. I recomend this to any one that has recieved a ticket or does recieve one in the future. The traffic system needs major reform. In doing research I learned alot about the CVC.

[/B]
Im a firm believer in “Car discrimination” Now I know how it feelz when people of color get stopped and hassled needlessly by the copz…anywayz thankz for the info, JLinteg!

archivethis

im in the same boat as xdeep…

got a FTA and the collection agency that has my file suspended my licence…

the orig ticket is from like 96’ …

can i still do the same as you? or is it only for new citations?

thanks

96 haha
when did you decide to actually stop driving tho :stuck_out_tongue:

i wouldnt be surprised if theres a year time limit… still got your ticket/notifcation?

actually i decided to stop riving it when i got pulled over in ontario while commin back from palm springs…

well actually the cop was a pure assO and impiunded my ride for 30 days…

cost me 1200.00 to get it out hahahhaa…

i think i MIGHT have it still, in a box somewhere. i dunno haha.

only thing giving me hope is that my cowerker had the same problem a while back and he said when he went to court the judge dismissed all charges cause it was soo old… crosses fingers & says a prayer LOL

It’s not somthing to laugh about.

A FTA can be reduced but more than likely you will have to go down and talk to the judge. And he’s going to embarass you in front of every body. I have herd of people getting thing droped for it being too old. But almost always the judge makes them pay for the FTA fine, which is usualy $500 or more. So they make more money than the original violation was in the first place. (They may drop the charges after a few years cuz the case would be hard to procecute.)

XDEep: Because you FTA, I don’t think you can got to Traffic Sch. One option that you can always look at is using a Lawyer. There are traffic lawyers owt there. You can pay them about $300-600 and avoid paying $1000’s on your insurance.

Speeddaddy: Well all I can say for you is: See A Traffic Lawyer

Well, I’ve decided I’m doing this to contest my ticket. All it takes is a little time and some effort. If I pay this ticket, the judges and po will have to pay with a lot of their time.

G2Integrity: Small peice of advice. Read the web sites thuroughly. There are many details that can be over looked.

G2Integrity: Keep me posted on how you have done so far…

And if anybody has any questions about this I will be happy to help you out.:slight_smile:

update: went to court. i just showed up at 8am with my papers and they stuffed me in line. judge was cool, just wanted to get everyone out so just gave you the lowest possible amount if you plead guilty or traffic school. i of course chose traffic school. took about 4 seconds to get you out and to the frontdesk again.

welp total came out to $345: like 180 for the speeding (85mph in 65), like 180 for the FTA (60$ + 170% of that. no idea where these numbers come from), and i guess some other bs charges.
also cant forget the 55$ dmv fee to get my license reinstated.

total damage= 400$ and a jacked up history for gunning it around a curve cuz i thot it would be fun (i was driving the limit the whole way).
am i more cautious and responsible? yes! do i still break the limit? yes. i cant help it. im sick. i need help.

I think that most of us here are sick alot of the time in that case

at least the judge let you go ahead with the traffic school. And it stays off your insurance.
You just have to stay clean for the next 18 months.

oh ya it stays off the insurance… so my history is not that bad… but i still have the suspension i doubt thats going anywhere

so ya i did readup on the dmv/court sites. lots of good info even tho it was futile to fight it in my case. also dont forget to make an appointment online if your dmv is a zoo so you can laugh at all the sheep waiting in line :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, I sent in my written declaration, now just waiting to see what happens. I’ll keep you all updated.

JLIntegra, how did you win your case? Cop didn’t write in or judge decided in your favor?

I don’t know really cuz all I got was a letter saying my case was dismissed.

But remember, a COP DOES NOT get paid for his written testominy and if you use the templates from sites like http://www.ticketassassin.com it states that they must provide a engenering report within th past 5 years that justifies using a radar on that street. So If I were a cop I wouldn’t even bother doing that. Cuz then you have to go out to the city engeneers office and get the proof ETC…

AND HE DOSENT GET PAID FOR HIS TESTIMONEY!!!

That’s why they say that you have a 30% chance he wont even write in. But if he does you still have a strong case and you don’t have a judge looking at you and also a cop in full uniform, just two people.

:up: :up: :up:

Originally posted by JLIntegra
[B]I don’t know really cuz all I got was a letter saying my case was dismissed.

But remember, a COP DOES NOT get paid for his written testominy and if you use the templates from sites like http://www.ticketassassin.com it states that they must provide a engenering report within th past 5 years that justifies using a radar on that street. So If I were a cop I wouldn’t even bother doing that. Cuz then you have to go out to the city engeneers office and get the proof ETC…

AND HE DOSENT GET PAID FOR HIS TESTIMONEY!!!

That’s why they say that you have a 30% chance he wont even write in. But if he does you still have a strong case and you don’t have a judge looking at you and also a cop in full uniform, just two people.

:up: :up: :up: [/B]

Yeah, where’d you read about that radar thing in the last five years? Either way, it’s worth it to fight. I hope if I lose I still get traffic school though.

http://www.helpigotaticket.com