ICU diagnostics

So at random times my wipers will work on intermittent and other times it’ll go as fast as the second setting. All else works, seatbelt doesn’t chime, dome light, blah, blah.

I took the ICU out and took a look. Motherboard looks clean and the capacitor is a bit sideways. Do you suggest I replace it? I have a spare one I got from RadioShack or shall I leave it alone?

Thanks in advance.

Does the ICU also have something to do with turn signals too? I noticed that when i turn my left signal on both upper & lower front left flash correctly but the front top right flashes too… its weird lol, jus checkin to see if you knew anything bout it. I already changed the steering column switch out & no difference. Not tryin to jack your thread sorry btw

Your board looks bad I have sold many of these if you look by the big round black capacitor you will see black on the board thats not good thats why you have problems,

Don’t believe that’s a cap, looks to be a chime.

I would personally clean board, repair any cold solder joints and inspect the caps for leaks and swelling. It seems the zd3 resistor has a corrosion issue

[QUOTE=Projectteg;2324089]Don’t believe that’s a cap, looks to be a chime.

I would personally clean board, repair any cold solder joints and inspect the caps for leaks and swelling. It seems the zd3 resistor has a corrosion issue[/QUOTE]

Replaced the cap anyway since I had a brand new one, cleaned board and boom, works perfectly.