idiots way of changing a fuel pump

I saw this at the salvage yard. This is definitely the wrong way to change a fuel pump in a Honda or Acura!

i don’t see the problem…looks legit to me. :giggle:

what a maroon.

I’ve seen that a few times in the yards. Insane

Sometimes you’ve just got to be to work by Monday.

ironically, that hack job probably took longer than dropping the tank the right way. I remember when I dropped my tank it took about 40 minutes…and i went slow. :shrug:

so happy i have a 93… ive dropped to many tanks in my past and i dont miss it

93s have access from up top? I had no idea.

Dont do it have it done.

…says the guy who breathes heavily after lifting the boston creme to his mouf.

:hugs:

[QUOTE=armedferret;2324805]…says the guy who breathes heavily after lifting the boston creme to his mouf.

:hugs:[/QUOTE]

Aren’t you a cute one. :smiley:

I could change a pump but 1) I’d need to buy some tools. 2) I’d need to buy a pump 3) I’d need to find a place to work on the car (can’t jack on the driveway it looks like the surface of the moon) 4) I’d need some “know-how” beyond reading the hayes or helm manuals 5) after I break something I’d likely need to tow the car to the mechanic anyway 6) I never liked working on cars for a whole host of reasons not limited to my ability to break things in spectacular and expensive fashion and having no issues turning wrenches on fasteners until I was under the car and it was as if the fastener was welded on by the heat of 7 suns 7) I service coke machine sized drug dispensers 5 days a week in hot, cramped, filthy quarters in a shirt and tie. The last thing i want to do is work in hot, cramped filthy quarters on my day off 8) my amex earns me jet blue miles :smiley:

93s do not have access from the top.

crazy… but it does suck to drop the tank just to change a simple pump

Yeah it does, thats why they changed it in the 3rd gens.

Dropping the tank on my Integra as soon as my parts arrive from Delray Acura! I will also be dropping the tank on my CRX to change the pump, again…

Fuel filter kit is on back order until the 8th!

seems like a little more work than just dropping the tank

Draining the tank, dropping the tank, cleaning it out, replacing all seals, clamps, filter and blowing out all the lines. My car has been in storage for a very long time. Then I am doing the same on my CRX, but replacing the fuel pump too. Just ordered an extra deep 12 mm for the nuts on the tank straps. Last time was a nightmare with a 12 point wrench.

Hey i live in west palm too i have a 92 gsr and a 91 gs.Good to see another local member.Heres my number text me we can help each other out with our integras 561 541 7122.