Idle Speed screw

I tried to adjust the idle speed screw on my car (Integra LS 91) but rpm did not changel at all. It does not matter how I turn the screw (all the way in or all the way out).
Please help me if you have any hint on this problem.
Thank you in advance

Alan

Did you follow all the directions of changing your idle (from alldata):
Check that the throttle cable operates smoothly with NO binding or sticking.
Check throttle cable deflection at the throttle linkage. Throttle cable deflection should be: 10 - 12 mm (0.39 - 0.47 in.)
If throttle cable deflection is not within specifications, loosen the lock nut and turn the adjusting nut until the deflection is as specified.
Tighten the locknut and recheck the throttle cable deflection and if necessary readjust.
With the throttle cable properly adjusted, check the throttle valve to be sure it opens fully when you push the accelerator pedal to the floor. Also check that the throttle valve returns to the idle position when the accelerator pedal is released.
START the engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature, (the cooling fan comes on).
Connect a tachometer.
Disconnect the 2 pin connector for the Idle Air Control Valve (IAC).
Check the Idle Speed with NO load on the engine, headlamps, air conditioning, blower fan, rear window defogger, radiator cooling fan and brake lamps all OFF. Idle Speed in NEUTRAL should be 600±50 RPM (P or N).
If necessary adjust Idle Speed by turning the idle adjusting screw at the top of the throttle body.
NOTE: If the Idle Speed is excessively high, check the dashpot for proper operation and retest Idle Speed.
Turn the ignition OFF.
Reconnect the 2 pin connector for the Idle Air Control Valve (IAC).
Remove the BACK-UP fuse in the under-hood fuse box for 10 seconds to reset the ECM.
IDLE the engine for one minute with NO load and recheck the engine Idle Speed. Idle Speed in NEUTRAL should be 750±50 RPM (P or N).
Set the parking brake and block the wheels. IDLE the engine for one minute in NEUTRAL with the head lamps ON high beam and the rear defogger ON and check the Idle Speed. Idle Speed in NEUTRAL should be 750±50 RPM (P or N).
IDLE the engine for one minute with the blower fan ON (high speed) and air conditioner ON and check the Idle Speed. Idle Speed in NEUTRAL should be 750±50 RPM (P or N).
Cold engine Idle Speed is NOT adjustable.
If Idle Speeds are not within specifications AND the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) is not on, refer to Diagnosis by Symptom under Fuel Delivery Procedures.
If Idle Speeds are not within specifications AND the MIL indicates a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC), refer to appropriate Diagnostic Trouble Code(s) Chart.

Idle Speed screw

Thank you for showing me the instruction from the service manual. I followed all steps up to the paragraph “Set the parking brake and block the wheels”.
I am thinking that something wrong with the throttle body. I will check it later.

Alan

Originally posted by Blue-93-Go
Did you follow all the directions of changing your idle (from alldata):
Check that the throttle cable operates smoothly with NO binding or sticking.
Check throttle cable deflection at the throttle linkage. Throttle cable deflection should be: 10 - 12 mm (0.39 - 0.47 in.)
If throttle cable deflection is not within specifications, loosen the lock nut and turn the adjusting nut until the deflection is as specified.
Tighten the locknut and recheck the throttle cable deflection and if necessary readjust.
With the throttle cable properly adjusted, check the throttle valve to be sure it opens fully when you push the accelerator pedal to the floor. Also check that the throttle valve returns to the idle position when the accelerator pedal is released.
START the engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature, (the cooling fan comes on).
Connect a tachometer.
Disconnect the 2 pin connector for the Idle Air Control Valve (IAC).
Check the Idle Speed with NO load on the engine, headlamps, air conditioning, blower fan, rear window defogger, radiator cooling fan and brake lamps all OFF. Idle Speed in NEUTRAL should be 600±50 RPM (P or N).
If necessary adjust Idle Speed by turning the idle adjusting screw at the top of the throttle body.
NOTE: If the Idle Speed is excessively high, check the dashpot for proper operation and retest Idle Speed.
Turn the ignition OFF.
Reconnect the 2 pin connector for the Idle Air Control Valve (IAC).
Remove the BACK-UP fuse in the under-hood fuse box for 10 seconds to reset the ECM.
IDLE the engine for one minute with NO load and recheck the engine Idle Speed. Idle Speed in NEUTRAL should be 750±50 RPM (P or N).
Set the parking brake and block the wheels. IDLE the engine for one minute in NEUTRAL with the head lamps ON high beam and the rear defogger ON and check the Idle Speed. Idle Speed in NEUTRAL should be 750±50 RPM (P or N).
IDLE the engine for one minute with the blower fan ON (high speed) and air conditioner ON and check the Idle Speed. Idle Speed in NEUTRAL should be 750±50 RPM (P or N).
Cold engine Idle Speed is NOT adjustable.
If Idle Speeds are not within specifications AND the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) is not on, refer to Diagnosis by Symptom under Fuel Delivery Procedures.
If Idle Speeds are not within specifications AND the MIL indicates a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC), refer to appropriate Diagnostic Trouble Code(s) Chart.