Illuminating the DOHC lettering in the trim

Has anyone lit up the DOHC lettering in the fender trim? I’m thinking about making a weekend project out of it.

never heard of anyone doing this, but if i were gonna do it id prolly carve out the dohc with my dremmel and get like a really small sidemarker and rid it to my running lights. but i bet once u get the molding off youll realize there isnt any hollow space bach there. good luck, but i wont bet on it working out.

Glow in the dark Paint baby!! =D

I was thinking about using amber LED’s to keep within the law. If it is a solid piece then I will have to re-think some of my plans. I might be able to use two LED’s and a section of those clear blind replacement rods you can get at HD for about 2 bucks. The glow pretty good when you put a LED to the ends of them. Maybe next weekend I can get to them. Today my B-day and I feel lazy…

2.3mm electro luminex wire.
i’ve used this stuff a couple of times and it can give you really good effect when you don’t have much room to work with. and all you have to do is run 12 volts to it, easy enough.
http://www.vibelights.com/

Well it looks like I will be using some type of wire lighting because under the “D” and “C” are the clips to hold it to the body. I’ll probably have to drill holes and somehow weave the wire light then fasten the wire light to the lettering.

is it hollow? i thought it was a solid peice

anyone with pics

LOL! 9 years ago man!

Still sounds like a cool project hehe :whisper:

was thinking about this topic the other day. doesn’t make sense to make a new ad for the same topic.

I saw this done years ago on a gsr. The vtec lit up and I always thought it was pretty cool. It was in California at a Bay Area car show in the late 90’s. It shouldn’t be too hard to do. Carve the letters out with a dremel and get a small flush mount side marker or a small led light.

what to do about the clips?