installed intrax springs, rear tucking, front 1 finger gap?

Just picked up a set of intrax race springs (2.5 inch drop) from 90lst on here and after i installed it the rear is real low (tucking tire) and the front has a 1 finger gap. I think somethings not right. We made sure the springs ending with “R” with the spring rates were in the rear and “F” for the fronts so i don’t know whats going on. Any guesses?

Here’s a pic of them on his car btw

i dunno what those springs look like, but are u sure u installed them right side up? are they seated properly in the strut?

if the front and rear drop is equal its possible that its like that. in stock form the rear is lower then the front. so if you give it a equal drop the rear will stay lower. thats why most lowering springs are 2.0 front 1.8 rear or something along those lines.

its not that the rear is lower, its an illusion because the rear fenders do not curve up as high as the fronts (clearance for when you turn the vehicle).

best way to see if the vehicle is straight is to measure ground clearance to the subframe or jacking points.

[QUOTE=mav3rick478;1942784]its not that the rear is lower, its an illusion because the rear fenders do not curve up as high as the fronts (clearance for when you turn the vehicle).

best way to see if the vehicle is straight is to measure ground clearance to the subframe or jacking points.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Mav. its an illusion that your front is higher than the rear. most cars are made that way, because most of the weight is in the front, so you have to allow for more movement. If you were to buy Eibachs springs, you’d get the same outcome.

Buy Coil over sleeve(if your on a budget) so that you can level the gaps as you want them. Such as Ground Control or Sk2 or Omni Power (I have the latter…love em).

And to make a correction Our integras have Shocks not struts. Struts are mounted to the knuckle of the wheel hub. SO if you remove your strut your hub will drop to the ground. Shocks are mounted to the control arms. Newer Honda Acura models have Struts.

[QUOTE=mav3rick478;1942784]its not that the rear is lower, its an illusion because the rear fenders do not curve up as high as the fronts (clearance for when you turn the vehicle).

best way to see if the vehicle is straight is to measure ground clearance to the subframe or jacking points.[/QUOTE]

im aware of this. just didnt feel like making it more complicated for the op.

i’ve had alot of suspension setups over the years but this one takes the cake in unevenness here’s a pic of the car at night. As you can see, theres alot of rake. I’m starting to think that i have crx shocks on the car.