Installed Skunk2 shocks & springs - ISSUES!

Hey guys please help me out here.

I installed brand new skunk2 shocks & springs on my Integra today, I reused the stock mounts. I had all four wheels off and the car on stand, everything bolted in rather smooth for a 21 year old rusted out car.

I jacked the car up, removed the 4 stand and lowered the car. I look at all 4 mounts and they shot up like 4" wtf??? I’ve lowered other cars before and I’ve never seen this before. Everything is on tight, I drove down my residential street going real slow and heard knocking. Ideas??

U installed them wrong… Dont drive it…

Ill try to find u a pic

I can’t find any good pix. U should have starting from top nut,washer, bushing, spring cup that is bolted to car, bushing, washer.

Red bushing on top black bushing on bottom under the spring cup.

Hope u didnt bottom out the shocks and missed them up.

[QUOTE=posjr;2301167]U installed them wrong… Dont drive it…

Ill try to find u a pic

I can’t find any good pix. U should have starting from top nut,washer, bushing, spring cup that is bolted to car, bushing, washer.

Red bushing on top black bushing on bottom under the spring cup.

Hope u didnt bottom out the shocks and missed them up.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your reply. I think I have everything on in the right order. The only thing I did not reuse was the dust boots as they were too rusty.

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/attachments/chassis-suspension-tech/161187d1311259017-installing-shocks-coilover-sleeves-need-help-please-b__2800.jpg

So u have a rubber bushing on the underside of the black cup?

Because in the pic u posted i see the red and black rubber bushings together.

If u look at the link i posted #7 is the bushings red on top black on bottom. And #8 is the spring cup.

Than under bottom 7 is washer #14.

These are my fronts (don’t mind the red bushing on the ground that is for the other shock):

From the link you posted mine is the same minus # 10 & 14.

U need 14 to hold bushing in place. The shock has a notch up top where 14 goes. No washer the bushing will just slide down and cause ur problem.

Thanks for your help bud. Will try tomorrow and report back.

You were right, got the fronts done and they are rock solid.

I tried the rears. Starting from the top: Skunk2 Nut, oem washer, Skunk2 red bushing, oem piece (#14), oem mount, Skunk2 red bushing, rubber spring cap, oem washer, skunk2 bump stop.

This is everything that should be on there, minus the oem dust boot which was too rusty. The spring is rather loose in the assembly which is a red flag. With the spring/shock compress when this is installed making everything tight?

Lowering springs are going to have a lot of slop in them until they’re compressed by the weight of the car.

Yes it’s kind of shady, but that just comes with the territory. Unless you go with a quality set of full-coilovers.

[QUOTE=unified112;2301242]Lowering springs are going to have a lot of slop in them until they’re compressed by the weight of the car.

Yes it’s kind of shady, but that just comes with the territory. Unless you go with a quality set of full-coilovers.[/QUOTE]

So this was in the same for you? Just want to make sure as other cars i’ve lowered had a tight/firm assembly prior to installing them.

thanks

I have Skunk2 Pro-S coilovers and yes, the spring is loose on the shock. You have to do your best to make sure they will sit right when you lower the car.

Right on, will try this evening :burnout:

I got it all done today - thanks guys.

My $750 beater looks a little better lol