Installig 89 integra lip on 92-93 bumper

So I saw how a JDP 92-93 OEM1 lip look and I wanted it but I don’t have the money to get it. But it seems to be a copy of the 89 integra, its like 1/2 inch taller if not an inch taller then the 89 integra and bolts to are your factory located mounts. I went out to pick-and-pull and found a 89 integra front lip in 8/10 condition for its year :slight_smile: and for some reason its getting harder and harder on finding stock lips on any year integra,civic,accords :think: and they were selling it for 23 buck plus tax! a**hole.
What I use:

Sockets in 10mm,12mm and extension
Screw driver
Drill with a very small bit " Don’t really need it, but it makes the process easy.
Dry wall screws

Here’s what I did:

Next to the 92-93 stock lip ass you can see its way taller and IMO looks better.

I tape the middle of the lip to the bumper first just to hold it on.

Its off a little so we have to trim that’s where the fun starts.

I trim it enough so I can flex it.

Flex it to flush with the bumper and use duck tape to hold it in place.

It was about 1inch off on the other end. So now I know how much I have to move it to make it have 1/2 inch on both ends.
I trim both side 1/2 inch be careful and trim little by little.

I use dry wall screws to hold it in place the more the better LOL I use four short screw on the side and long screws for the rest of the lip.

Pick a good spot and drill holes. I started on one end on worked my way to the other.You can start from the middle of the lip.

Part 2

How it looks from the bottom when its done.But if it doesn’t sit flush with the bumper just re drill holes were its not flush and do it again.
I use total of 22 dry wall screws

Once it’s done it should sit flush with the bumper like so

I know its not painted yet but I wanted to get it on and trimmed before I wet sand/paint it flat black.
But I’m happy with it, I want to be different :up: and cheap LOL
Remember its not made for are 92-93 bumper so don’t expect it to be prefect

this lip works with a 90-91 bumper or what? nice turnout:up:i have the cf jdp lip…things all scraped up already/cracks from driveways/riding low haha

nice

Lets see a better pic, full car from the front and off to the side. This was a good idea.

lol from the side you can tell the lip is not made for this car cause of the cut off but it looks great, now im saving up for a aftermarket lip

[QUOTE=iNTEG;2234969]
But I’m happy with it, I want to be different :up: and cheap LOL
Remember its not made for are 92-93 bumper so don’t expect it to be prefect[/QUOTE]

i love the way the 89 lip looks on the 2nd gen, but it’s not really, “different” having the 89 lip because a lot of people are using that lip. it’s probably the most used, “stock” lip for the 2nd gen. also, there are plenty of threads already made about this or it’s been discussed multiple times. i was also able to make the lip fit PERFECTLY…really easy to do too.

anyways, here are some decent pictures of the 89 lip on my old db1. i had a 90/91 front bumper and a 92/93 front bumper.

90/91 bumper with the 89 lip:

92/93 bumper with 89 lip: i dont have too many pictures of the 92/93 bumper because i prefer the 90/91 bumper instead

Double double post post!!!

which method did you use db1st to install that like on your 90-91 front bumper…im lookin forward to try and install this lip…

looks good

sorry for the late response.

luckily…the bolt holes on the '89 lip matches up perfectly with the 90-91 bumper. all you would need to is add spacer to make it sit perfectly flush with the bumper.

[QUOTE=db1st;2262614]sorry for the late response.

luckily…the bolt holes on the '89 lip matches up perfectly with the 90-91 bumper. all you would need to is add spacer to make it sit perfectly flush with the bumper.[/QUOTE]

Add a spacer to where?

ohh really so u dont have to trim anything, and yeah add a spacer to where? be more specific plz and another thing im not tryna trim anythin either. but if im gona have to then i got no choice.

I currently have this lip on my DA its so much nicer then our stock little one.

@deathmetaltony…did u follow the same procedure as this post??

I installed mine to a 90-91 bumper. It wasent hard at all some screws matched up, But I used those self taping screws and I had to cut the ends since it extended out about a 1’1/2 on both sides . . .

yeah i have a 91 too…ohh i seee u dont have closed up pic of the side u cutt off??..and for the self tapin screws did u made new holes on ur bumper??

Could some one post a picture of the spacer they used to mount up the lip to a '92 bumper?

[QUOTE=db1st;2243554]i love the way the 89 lip looks on the 2nd gen, but it’s not really, “different” having the 89 lip because a lot of people are using that lip. it’s probably the most used, “stock” lip for the 2nd gen. also, there are plenty of threads already made about this or it’s been discussed multiple times. i was also able to make the lip fit PERFECTLY…really easy to do too.

anyways, here are some decent pictures of the 89 lip on my old db1. i had a 90/91 front bumper and a 92/93 front bumper.

90/91 bumper with the 89 lip:

[/QUOTE]

what yellow fog r those from ?? also i have a 92 da and want to put a 91 bumper what parts are need???

Spacer… Why would you need a Spacer? I used 9 screws, a razor and a heat gun to install the lip on my 92 bumper