Installing JDM one-pieces with STOCK BULBS and no harness

How to: Install stock DA bulbs into Jdm one piece headlights + Installing Jdm one piece headlights (no harness/wire modification needed!)

• 10mm and 12mm sockets
• Philips screwdriver
• A socket wrench
• A long extension
• A small container to put the screws and bolts in

These are the steps I took, and in this order:
First start off by taking off the top three bolts for the headlight housings. There are three 10mm bolts on the top connecting it to the radiator support.

Next take off the bumper light, it is just one Philips screw.

Once that is unscrewed, unplug the light bulb.

From there you can see two 12mm bolts holding the bumper on, take them off.

Next, go to the wheel well and unscrew the two screws.

The bumper will come off, set it aside for now. Now you can unbolt the two 10mm bolts holding the bottom of the housing on.

The headlight will come forward, but the plugs are still holding it in so unplug them and pull it off.

Now you are ready to start fitting the lights into the JDM head light.

This is a picture of the stock bulb (9004) before you do anything to it.

Here’s what I used to help the bulb go into the JDM light, it was super easy. If you don’t have a grinder you can use low grit sandpaper, or whatever floats your boat.

Grind away the red area. I grinded the whole section but you can get away with only the part that hits the Jdm housing.

You also need to grind away the whole upper ring that is holding the seal in.

Now that you have grinded those two sections off, the bulb will fit right in. Plug everything back into the JDM light.

After you have everything plugged back in, reverse the whole process of taking off the headlights and bumper.
First: bolt the five bolts back into the headlight housing and line it up.
Second: hold the bumper up and screw the wheel well screws back in, I did the bumper one side at a time.
Third: Bolt the four 12mm bolts that are behind the bumper lights.

The bumper is now on and you have your JDM lights installed!

good DIY!!! why didn’t you just get the h4h hid bulbs? i have a pair of 5000k h4h bulbs i can sell to you or you can just call these guys…they should still have the h4h hids bulbs in stock. i think they ship too!!!

link:
http://www.tnrlighting.net/

note: HID bulbs in the 90-93 JDM 1-pieces have really crappy light output…output is scattered all over the place with very small hot spots. thats why i did a retrofit in my 1-pieces

I don’t really have the money for the H4H’s right now, I just bought the headlights and some brand new thin side moldings (which are for sale now :P). And a lot of people already have HID’s, or dont take into consideration that they need to change bulbs and get harnesses when they buy the jdm headlights. Just a way to save a little bit of money.

those h4h HID bulbs are real cheap…i’ll sell you mines for $20. they come brand new for only $40 - $50. Mines are barely used. Let me know.

zekz… show a pic of your whole car…as you are from Concord see if I have seen it around as we are in the same place

note: HID bulbs in the 90-93 JDM 1-pieces have really crappy light output…output is scattered all over the place with very small hot spots. thats why i did a retrofit in my 1-pieces[/QUOTE]

Can you give us a DIY on the retrofit on a one piece?

password jdm sells really cheap h4h bulbs. I’ve never used them because i just found out recently, but will definitely get those next.

[QUOTE=iNTEG;2236482]
Can you give us a DIY on the retrofit on a one piece?[/QUOTE]

i thought about doin’ a DIY for them, but just search the web. they’re all pretty much the same. only issues that you would run into with the 90-93 headlights are; finding projectors that would fit without major cutting/trimming. perhaps if i get enough request, i might make a thread.

hey i need to retrofit hid into my 1 pieces i need help ): idk wat projectors to use either
hid don’t have a good output

Yea make a DIY I would love to retrofit my headlights

I’m actually looking for a DIY to paint the inside of my headlights black so they would blend a little more to my car

If u still hot the h4h hid lmk bro I’ll buy it off u, email edgarmtz206@gmail.com

what projectors did you use to retrofit your one pieces with?

i used the tsx porjectors

do the JDM one peace work with the stock bulbs? (I have the factor headlight bulbs in my car not HID)

No.

JDM headlights are meant to use an H4H bulb… US-spec headlights use a 9004 bulb.

H4H light bulbs do NOT plug straight into a US harness. PasswordJDM sells a conversion harness.

http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-Headlamp-Jumper-Harness-DA-90-93-Integra-P135C77.aspx

Requesting a DIY thread!