Installing s2000 antenna

i’m interested in the s2000 antenna for my car, and i was looking on ebay at some of the auctions, and i’ve found one that is pretty cheap, but only includes the antenna itself.

can i screw this antenna into my current mast and then just wire it up from there? i don’t think so, but maybe i’m wrong.

so since ebay doesnt really have any good antennas, could somebody suggest another place for me to find them that are affordable

thnks

I’m not sure on this, but the S2000 antenna is one of the shorter black rubber ones right?
In which case it’s probably a powered antenna (ie you have to run a power wire to it to get a decent signal)
but when it comes right down to it, you can mount an antenna wherever you want. you just need long enough wires/cables.
however if the base of the S2000 antenna is flat, and you put it on the original hole on the rear qtr panel, it might stick out at an angle and look funny.
If you can afford to get the old antenna hole puttied and painted, I’d suggest replacing your rear washer fluid nozzle with the new antenna.

Keep in mind, I haven’t actually done any of this. just suggestions

ive checked bseries.net and they have a how-to to install an s2000 antenna, but i think their kit has a base for it to mount to, and they have their antenna going out at an angle, and it looks good

has anybody on g2ic done a roof-mount antenna in their stock location?

several of us have done the mod just like bseries.net.

follow the instructions there, very detailed.

and u have bought JUST the antenna, nothing else, right?

Originally posted by x4evawizex
and u have bought JUST the antenna, nothing else, right?

well… if you read the website… you’ll see the other stuff you need. (the PVC pipe, long bolt, etc).

oh, i know that, i just want to make sure that i only have to order the antenna itself online…

and did you guys use the roof mount one, and that worked fine? or should i get the s2000 screw-in one?

no the s2000 antenna is a screw in one. . that car doesn’t have a roof! :smiley: it’s just the antenna “mast”…

remember the hardest part will be that you have to have the coupler tapped to metric

I would think the s2000 antenna would be a flat mount, but i haven’t seen one up close yet.

I have installed a power antenna off the VW on my integra and replaced the hole where the rear washer was. Plug the tube with some glue and tape the outside with duct tape and that won’t leak EVER. You have to use a drill and drill bit that is a circle like a 3/4 inch bit. My friend had some so i used his. I would imagine they are expensive. Once i did that i put the bolt up and screwed it on placed some silicon glue on the mast and was done.

its not that hard, but its time consuming. Seems like everything on these cars is time consuming.

no the s2000 antenna is a screw in one. . that car doesn’t have a roof! it’s just the antenna “mast”…

that’s what i was talking about… i didn’t think i could wire up a harness for just the screw-in one.

so would u guys suggest i get a roof-mount and put it my stock location or should i get the whole assembly for the s2000? (where can i find the s2000 for a good price?)

wait… if you want it in the “stock” position… you only need to buy the screw in mast… AND you have to fabricate it just like on bseries.net.

Tony, no changes to the B-series instructions right? The install guide says for G3 integras only, but are the antennas the same for G2 and G3? And does anyone know where I can buy that “kit” so I won’t have to do the whole PVC thing?

And my antenna is currently a non-powered aftermarket antenna. I saw someone say that stock mount is required, but B-series didn’t mention that. Is this going to be a problem?

And Tony, your mount looks so OEM…:up:

:bawl: please help, I have this crappy aluminum tape plugging up my antenna whole because my current antenna snapped…

Do I just need 23, 24 and 25 from the stock antenna mast? Hopefully not more becaue it looks a little expensive for thos little parts. Something must be able to be substituted…

ok, I think that I just use part 25, I don’t have my original antenna mast since a crappy aftermarket one was installed. So I understand that only #25 and #24 need to be used from OEM parts (someone please confirm). I got the B-series kit from this guy named Chris, saved me all the trouble of fabrication. Just please someone tell me that I only need these stock pieces!