intake install!

Alright…I can’t believe I’m even asking this…but I don’t have a single friend who owns a 2nd gen teg so I’m kindas scared to install an intake. It should be the same as installing it into a civic right? But for all of you who ahve done it…please gimme some tips and things to be careful of when I’m doing this!

Yes, its straight forward, just remember to reset the ECU

Thanh

Originally posted by asian buddha
[B]Yes, its straight forward, just remember to reset the ECU

Thanh [/B]

Do I really need to reset the ECU for intake…I never did that when I installed mine. First, why do I recet it, and second, how?

Well, u install an aftermarket intake to draw more air so u reset the ECU so that its reprogrammed to sense the change, otherwise, ur basically driving around with the same amount of suction into the IM. U will notice when u can hear more air being sucked…its cool.

U can reset it by simply pulling the ECU fuse from the underhood fuse panel while the car is cold for 5-10 minutes…then put it back in and start the car with all accesories off, no radio, no AC, no stepping on the gas…let it run until the engine is warm and thats it…its reset…good luck

Thanh

Originally posted by asian buddha
[B]Well, u install an aftermarket intake to draw more air so u reset the ECU so that its reprogrammed to sense the change, otherwise, ur basically driving around with the same amount of suction into the IM. U will notice when u can hear more air being sucked…its cool.

U can reset it by simply pulling the ECU fuse from the underhood fuse panel while the car is cold for 5-10 minutes…then put it back in and start the car with all accesories off, no radio, no AC, no stepping on the gas…let it run until the engine is warm and thats it…its reset…good luck

Thanh [/B]

I’m sorry, I am new with cars…how do i know which one is the ECU fuse? also, do I need to reset anything for my new cat-back exhaust?

Originally posted by C.K. James
[B]

I’m sorry, I am new with cars…how do i know which one is the ECU fuse? also, do I need to reset anything for my new cat-back exhaust? [/B]

lol no, u can’t reset anything for you cat back exhaust, cause all it does it release the used un burned chemicals from your chambers, theres nothing to reset on a cat back hehe

and look at your black panel, there should be a stick tellign u which is the ecu fuse

is taking out the stock air box easy?

Originally posted by y2ken
is taking out the stock air box easy?

Its the easiest part. The whole thing took me an hour and it was only because they screwed up on sending me the wrong hoses and directions.

Alright…so if I need some help[ I can email you? Thanks!

Originally posted by y2ken
Alright…so if I need some help[ I can email you? Thanks!

You should get it no problem, but if ya need help on installation then gimme an e-mail.

re: ECU fuse

Now, according to teg tips, we are supposed to remove the Backup fuse. This is a different fuse than the ECU fuse according to the hood diagram. Any clarification on this?

hey all…
yes… i’d like some clarification too… i wanna get this done right…

and typer… u from chico? or go to chico? i dont go there… my friend does… PARTY CITY!!! labor day river party was da bomb…

I am from bay area, I am now a Chico State Grad. Yeah, I stayed away from the river tubing for labor day, there was like 20,000 people up in that. Kids were waiting in traffic for hours to get to what is normally like a ten minute drive to the river. I did that a couple years ago, and don’t need to do it again, but it was fun back then. Yeah, Chico was a party school, but now that I graduated, it has become a reputable college that is going to get me a good paying job (i hope)… :slight_smile:

I see several G2’s up here, I passed a black GSR the other day going south on 99, but he had 90-91 lights??? :confused:

Also, there is someone selling a 92-93 red Ls, has some mods. Everytime I see a G2, I wonder if they know about this site.

There is also someone with a yellow ITR up here. But of course, you see much more of that in Sac.

kool… yea… it was fun… chico girls gone wild was out there this year… it was pretty kool… hahah… uhh… im from the bay… oakland… i see g2’s drive by all the time… some insect lookin… some just nice…but their always going too fast to ask if they know about g2ic.com n if they are what their name is… yea… i see alot… so yea… uhh… yea… i sent my money in for coil overs, and a intake… so hopefully it comes in soon… yea… YEA!!!
my first real mods… (clear corners) haha… ok…