Is it necessary to remove the bumper to get to the headlights?

I’ve searched and couldn’t find the answers. I’ve haven’t been here in a a while.

So i went to the local junkyard to pick up a pair of 91 gs headlights. Seems like I had to remove the bumper to get access to the headlight housing. I have the headlights on my hands right now and I’m about to install them on my car , but i wanted to ask first if there is a step by step teg tip out there. Thanks guys!

Yep, gotta remove the front bumper, theres afew bolts behind the foglights, and afew screws in the wheel well, and it should come off.

I think I had to remove the headlights to get the bumper off :slight_smile:

If I remember correctly, there is a bolt that can only be accessed by first removing the side marker housing (one screw on top), then using a long extension from the side, you can reach the bolt.

I think the JDM headlight assemblies don’t have the bottom headlight brackets that you have to access by removing the bumper. Either that, or people don’t usually put those back on once they swap them for the USDM versions.

I did not put that last bolt back in place, didn’t seem to affect my headlight stabilization enough to warrant that.

what i usually do… take out turn signals > take out 4 screws by the wheels, on the edge of the bumper > there are 2 bolts behind each turn signal… undo them and whole bumper and bumper support come out :slight_smile:

easier then taking those little screws by the lights!!

[QUOTE=fr1s;2327859]what i usually do… take out turn signals > take out 4 screws by the wheels, on the edge of the bumper > there are 2 bolts behind each turn signal… undo them and whole bumper and bumper support come out :slight_smile:

easier then taking those little screws by the lights!![/QUOTE]

Cool! I’ll do this next weekend. Thanks bud