is this tranny ls or b16a jdm???

hey guys check this out when i bought the car the guy bearly put on a b16a engine in there so i never knew what tranny it had either the ls tranny or the b16a tranny…check this out my 2nd gear it hits 7,900 rpm and im at 67 mph and thirs gear at 7,900 rpm hits at 100mph???:mad: isnt that too long??? cause my friends 92 gs-r with ys1 tranny is way shorter than mine??? oh and in the freeway i cruise at 3,800 to 4,000 rpm at 80mph 5th gear…also how do u make the like the shifter more softer caus e drove my friends 91 teg rs and when you change gears it feels really smooth AND mine is harder to shift???

im not sure but i know LS trannys at 4,000 are at 80MPH in 5th gear so sounds like u got an LS tranny.

the v-tec ones are shorter geared

damn…it must be slow with the ls tranny…:frowning:

so it is an ls tranny huhh???it says s1 on the stamp…but yeah no wonder my car took a while to get power ???and it is at 4000 rpm at 80???like how much do s1 trannies sell for???

From what I remember, my old B16a S1 tranny was at 4,600 rpm @ 80 mph on the freeway. The YS1 GSR tranny is around 4,500 rpm @ 80 mph. Yes the S1 tranny you have must be a 90-91 LS tranny based on the 5th gear. YS1 GSRs are the best :up:

As far as the rough shifting, try changing tranny fluids if you haven’t already and play around with the clutch cable.

on a ys1 tranny whats the max mph on 3rd gear???also like for how much can i seell this ls tranny…it has no grinds everything is good and low miles???

i sold my no grind s1 for 200 bucks…:shrug: