itr rear sway bar on da hybird suspension?

I have read the famous DA suspenion article posted by Ben Ogle.

“One final note, any EG lower tie bar will fit the DA chassis, unless you’re running the Progress 22 mm rear sway bar (the mount points of this paticular sway bar prevent the lower tie bar from fitting). Thus, if you want a nice combination of show and performance, a Suspension Techniques 19 mm rear sway bar coupled with a Spoon Sports EG lower tie bar is a clean set-up.”

Now my question is… will the type R rear sway bar fit on my DA which will have itr springs/shocks(dc front forks, jdm da rear lca’s)? using the famous bsq kit? anyone? thanks!

the itr bar can be made to fit: http://battlecat.8m.com/ (its not currently up on his site, its under construction, but he used to have pics and an explanation. but you can email him, his member name here on g2ic is Battlecat).

not sure if a lower tie bar will fit with that setup or not.

Originally posted by 91IntegGS
[B]http://battlecat.8m.com/[/B]

WOW, that’s one of the hottest DA’s I’ve seen!

I’ve done it successfully.
Email me with questions or post here.
You can use your stock endlinks.
The only hard work you will do is drill new “upper” holes for the collar (D) brackets. This means dropping your muffler and doing some drilling. Not to bad.
MIke

The “bsq kit”, is that the adapter kit for ITR swaybars to fit EG, and DC models?

Originally posted by Mr. Burns
[B]I’ve done it successfully.
The only hard work you will do is drill new “upper” holes for the collar (D) brackets. This means dropping your muffler and doing some drilling. Not to bad.
MIke

The “bsq kit”, is that the adapter kit for ITR swaybars to fit EG, and DC models? [/B]

:gotpics:

I’d like to take a look at this. I want a thicker bar than my ST one.

Don’t have any JPEG’s of the swaybar on. Need a digi cam.
I told myself I wanted to take pics of this install for the tip section. All I need is take pics of the final install, thats the best pic to show where everything is and how its laid out.
I can say that if you want a larger bar go with a Progress Bar, but it isn’t Acura quality.
The stock DA endlinks are shorter than the ITR endlinks. I used the stock DA’s because the ITR endlinks never came in on backorder!:sad:
All this being on a sedan.

hmm perhaps I will go with an ST rear sway bar as planned…
dont trust no one around here to do it. and i certainly dont got much mechanical skills lol

Scared to dip into alittle hybriding are we…
Be the first to put a 26mm Mugen rear swaybar on your DA made for the EK! And I did say 26mm.

I can say that if you want a larger bar go with a Progress Bar, but it isn’t Acura quality.

I did order the Progress bar, but it was on backorder at the time so I ended up with the ST.

What exhaust are you using with that bar? Did you have any clearence problems like I’ve heard with the Progress?

I’m using a Greddy SP exhaust, with no problems of all (no rattling, no knocking).
I’m also using a Ben Ogle LTB with no problem too.

MIke

[B]I’m using a Greddy SP exhaust, with no problems of all (no rattling, no knocking).

MIke [/B]

Ooo… kick ass. Do you like the bar?

Ben

Ben,

The bar fits nicely and hasn’t given me problem yet.:cool:

MIke

[B]I’m using a Greddy SP exhaust, with no problems of all (no rattling, no knocking).

MIke [/B]

Thanks Mike, I’m using an SP too.

:gotpics: I’d love to take a look :smiley:

Originally posted by SE-37K
[B]I did order the Progress bar, but it was on backorder at the time so I ended up with the ST.

What exhaust are you using with that bar? Did you have any clearence problems like I’ve heard with the Progress? [/B]

I’m using the progress bar, it performs great, but there are some clearance issues…

[B]I’ve done it successfully.
MIke

The “bsq kit”, is that the adapter kit for ITR swaybars to fit EG, and DC models? [/B]

i have a couple questions, you don’t need the jdm lower lca’s for this to work right? and you can use your stock endlinks but would it be better to use the itr ones? also would you recommend this bar before the ST or progress one? thanks
-aaron

Originally posted by dillinger 4
i have a couple questions, you don’t need the jdm lower lca’s for this to work right? and you can use your stock endlinks but would it be better to use the itr ones? also would you recommend this bar before the ST or progress one? thanks
-aaron

I really don’t know if you could use USDM DA LCA’s for this. Its worth a try. I already had a pair of USDM ITR LCA’s before I did this project, I think it would make for better placement if you use ITR LCA’s. Yes you can use stock DA endlinks, but they are not as tall as ITR endlinks, which would help in better placement.
If your wanting to “Hybrid” and have Acura quality go with the ITR. It takes little bit more thought, research, and hybriding for this, which I found fun.
Use the Progress bar if you want proper placement that you know will fit your DA, and its track tested also. I think you also have to weld mounting points on the Progress bar D-brackets for better stability.
I personally would take the Progress over the ST, because of the bigger diameter and quality. And everyone has the ST bar, but not everyone has the ITR bar.:smiley:

Does the type r rear lower tie bar bolt up? How about the strong bar?

You know I looked at the Comptech lower tie bar, which is a bad ass piece of suspension gold. You might be able too… but you would have to find someone with it, I’m not going to buy it just to see. I thought about the same idea. Check it out though, the Comptech piece, it comes with alot bolts and is on the expensive side. If I had a ITR chassis I would love to put that baby on. But a normal lower tie bar for the DA is sufficent enough to do the job for a 90-93 integra.

Yes the strong bar does fit, member “Ben Ogle” makes them or did make them. Do a search you’ll find them on the board.

MIke

yeah, Ive seen some of his postings. The reason Im asking is because Im pretty much going to be able to get whatever susp. parts and a few engine peices(not the whole thing though:sad:) I want off of a 2000 itr. The only catch I that I have to be able to replace what I take off with something from my car(exc. the strong bars and whatnot ). So If the LTB and the strong bar fit, Ill use them. Also I can have at the susp. And I know the front spring/shock assembly are interchangeable, and the rear Is also. But my question is could I put my rear lca and spring/shock assembly on the itr? And if I had the itr rear susp. could I then bolt up the sway bar easier or would I still have to mod it? Any advice would be appreciated. Im trying to get the most out of this deal. Thanks.

Hello Mr. Burns,

The Comptech lower tie bar fits fine I have one on my 93 GSR. I don’t have any current pictures but I will post some up for you on Monday the 20th.