jaysteven stole my money!!!

I posted up a WTB on Feb. 20th, 2008 for jdm and/or cdm seat belts on both U.S. and Canadian forums. JAYSTEVEN replied on the Canadian WTB and, mentioned he was selling a complete set. He started a thread selling 2 other complete sets of seat belts and some other items as well on the U.S. forums. I continued to contact him via e-mail. He was pretty prompt with his replies. He even sent me the pics of the items pretty fast. I finally sent him payment on Feb. 22nd, 2008 for $286.00. Week after week and, e-mail after e-mail, he kept mentioning that he couldn’t find the proper boxes for the pillars and that the post office wouldn’t except it. I was really patient with him, since i didn’t need them right away. I kept e-mailing and e-mailing him, he stopped responding. I even sent him messages via paypal. . . nothing. I open a dispute with paypal. Paypal finally ruled my case in my favor just lastnight but, since JAYSTEVEN’s account didn’t have sufficient funds, I won’t be seeing a dime.

I usually buy the parts i want/need in person. Guess I’m just too paranoid to buy parts with out a face. I figured I could trust this dude since he had good feedback from other members. Man was I ignorant. I was pretty hesitant to post anything on my situation, I’m not really one to fuck with anyone’s name. Just thought that I’d warn future buyers. I checked JAYSTEVEN’s last post(s), it was March 12th or 13th, 2008. Losing $286.00 is a pretty big hit. FUUUCK!

Im going to ask this again, why didnt paypal refund your money, I had a kid break into my PP account and send himself 5k dollars and I got every penny back even though he had taken the money out of his account.

Well, i can’t be completely sure that I’ll never see my money again. This is what Paypal e-mailed me:

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any
funds
from the seller’s account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement,
recovery
of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
question if they become available in the seller’s account in the future
and
will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may
include
issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.
Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to
take
action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot
discuss
the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and
that
it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.

[QUOTE=TWIZIDY;1862210]
it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

:werd:

email sent

HOLY CRAP! i’m at work right now. i’ll get back to you a soon as i get off. check your mail again in a few hours.

just got home. check your e-mail. hope we can resolve this issue without any problems.

WOW! nothing. . . AGAIN. thanks JAYSTEVEN.

Still Nothing!

after all this time this guy gets back to me. i e-mail him and e-mail him to let him know that i am STILL interested in the seatbelts. now, he’s still not responding to my e-mails. . . again. i’d love for this issue to get resolved. can anyone on here help or have any advice. anything will help at this point. i’m not exactly strapped for cash because of this but, i’m not too happy about getting money jacked either. any help will be appreciated. thanks in advance to anyone.

Has it been resolved yet?

JAYSTEVEN e-mailed me on May 6th with tracking numbers. Now I’m just waiting for them to arrive.

i hope this works out for you… sad PAYPAL had to get involved.

i hope so too, thanks

Update

O.K. It is now the end of May. JAYSTEVEN has supplied me with 2 tracking numbers on May 6th. I been checking up on them on the USPS and Canada Post websites. So far, the only thing that both sites are saying is, both items were accepted on May 6th and they were both processed May 7th, something like that. JAYSTEVEN has e-mailed me twice requesting to remove the complaint from his Pay Pal. The original agreement we had was that I would do my best to clear his name with Pay Pal as soon as I receive the packages. He is now requesting that I remove the complaint so that his account would be active again. He is assuring me that if the packages do not arrive, he will issue me a full refund. But, why wouldn’t the packages arrive? Can anyone blame me for feeling like I’m being ripped off . . . again. I mean, can I really trust this guy? Does anyone on here know JAYSTEVEN? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :shrug:

i actually got manual seatbelt conversions from him as well. it did take a while to receive the 2 packages, but they did arrive. just providing some input :slight_smile:

He may have ripped you off but I remember ordering packages from across the border and them getting here a month or more after I received tracking numbers.

so UPS/USPS has it in their hands? complain to them. Call them up and they should be able to give you an in-depth tracking update that the website does not provide.

It can take some time to get through customs, like my HID kit from China. Called up UPS and they said it got stuck in customs. A few days later I called again and they said it just cleared and was on its way to me.

Hey, thanks for the input fellas. I’ll be hittin’ up the post office on Monday. Then, just sit tight and keep patient I guess. :tapfing::bored:Thanks again guys.

Update

Monday, June 2nd, 2008
I call USPS. Spoke with a rep. from delivery/tracking and what not. Gave her both tracking numbers. All she saw in the system was the packages were accepted May 6th and processed May 7th. She told me to get a hold of the sender so that he or she could contact thier post office and find out what’s going on. I even went to the post office to ask some one there. Same thing. Checked the websites when I got home. Same thing.

Tuesday, June 3rd, 2008
“DOORBELL” I get waken up by the mail man. Sign for the package. One of two packages received. It’s the seatbelts. I go to the USPS website again to check on the other tracking #. It hasn’t changed. But, I do believe that the pillars / plastics should be here soon. :dance: :whew:

JAYSTEVEN check your e-mail :up: