jdm B18C sir-g swap

hello everyone… well the motor is officially in… but the plug for the map sensor will not reach… do i use the map sensor thats on the gsr trottel… or the old one from ls thats by the fire wall?.. if i use the gsr one, do i have to cut and splice the wires to make them long enough to reach?:up: thanks guys

I spliced mine to make it reach. I soldered the splice and then used shrink tubing on it to ensure no entry of water. Works fine.

Yeah Dude Just Splice It And Lemme Know How It Goes Im Thinking Of Doing A Similiar Build

You can use the TB mounted MAP or the firewall mounted one.

If you use the firewall mounted one you’ll keep the wiring as is and need to run a vacuum line to the firewall mounted map sensor. Your engine probably does not have an extra nipple for this.

If you want to use the TB mounted one just splice and extend the wires, super simple. At which point you can remove the firewall mounted one.

The B18C sir-g, is that the B18C with the Automatic transmission?

If it is I would like to see some pictures.

[QUOTE=Colin;2038577]You can use the TB mounted MAP or the firewall mounted one.

If you use the firewall mounted one you’ll keep the wiring as is and need to run a vacuum line to the firewall mounted map sensor. Your engine probably does not have an extra nipple for this.

If you want to use the TB mounted one just splice and extend the wires, super simple. At which point you can remove the firewall mounted one.[/QUOTE]

+1, I prefer extending the wires to the TB I think it looks cleaner, just do it right and solder them. Plus you have 1 less source for possible vacuum leaks since you would have to T into an existing vacuum hose if you use the firewall MAP