JDM B18C5 swap questions

*If I use the Type-R tranny, will I have to use the Type-R axles, hubs, etc?
*11:1 compression, is that safe with 93 octane gas?
*If I use the OBD2 ecu, do I have to add another Oxy sensor?

Those are three questions left unanswered in the motor swap guide. I’m putting turbo on the back burner, I just want an N/A screamer!:getsome:

Do not use the ITR tranny. Its got a hydrolic clutch and doing the conversion is a pain in the butt, and expensive. Its possible and if you can pull it off you’re cool with me, however most people just sell that tranny to some G3 owner and buy a really good cable tranny like the G2 GSR YS1.

If you do use the ITR tranny, your G2 axels will work with it perfectly. That goes for any B-Series tranny.

11.5:1 CR is streetable on 91 octane, so 11:1 on 93 will be no where near dangerous.

I don’t know about the second O2 sensor, sorry.

-Steve

he has a 93 teg…so he has a hydraulic

no, I have cable, you might be thinking of Civics and Del Sols

Alright cool,
I was planning on getting a G2 GSR tranny, just curious about the whole axle side of it since they use different hubs and all.

Thanks

if you have a 92-93 than you have a hydraulic clutch, use the ITR clutch if you got it

Originally posted by chipper
if you have a 92-93 than you have a hydraulic clutch, use the ITR clutch if you got it

Sorry bud, Hydraulic trannies did not start until 1994 with Tegs. Check your information.

-Steve

Anyone know what size Type-R injectors are? Flow rate, stuff like that.
I know I have to use my injectors due to the harness, so I would order up a set of RC injectors for my harness, just a set that flows maybe a tad more than stock Type-Rs.
Oh and Peak hold or Saturated, I don’t know $h!t about injectors!

And…If using G2 GSR tranny, basically all clutch related parts are G2, except the flywheel right?

I’ve searched, and read Teg tips but need some solid answers, I’v always run LS motors in my cars and just now am venturing into Vtec. -Thanks

Wes

Any B-Series flywheels will bolt up right up to any B-Series block. If you’re getting an ITR flywheel use that because it will be lighter than the G2 18lb flywheel. I believe ITR flywheels weigh 13lbs.

Clutches: If your tranny is 92+ then you can use ANY clutch designed for any B-Series tranny made after 1992. If you end up with a 1991 tranny or older, you’ll have to use the clutch’s designed for trannies made in 1991 or older.

I’m pretty sure OBD-1 and newer cars have the Saturated Injectors. If you got 270cc injectors you’d be ok, however I suggest 310cc’s. For some reason the 310’s are usually cheaper and if you’re going to run an add on (VAFC) then you can just tone done your injectors with that and they won’t have to run on such a high duty cycle.

-Steve

geesh… i feel stupid i really need to think a little more before i post!!!:frowning: :frowning:

Originally posted by chipper
geesh… i feel stupid i really need to think a little more before i post!!!:frowning: :frowning:

Its all good. I think we’ve all been there once.