JDM B18CR- can it handle 9500rpms?

I currently have the rev limit at 9k. as silly as it may sound, i need the extra 500 rpms, but can he bottom end hold it?

hope you have some top of the line valve springs

redline should be 8200 i think. buy a good valve train and give it a shot, just curious what type of racing do you do?

is that extra 500rpm worth destroying your motor? why do you need 500 more rpm? are you at 13.0/1 c.r, with big cams, victor x or itbs, $1100 header, headwork and 4.785 or better f.d? this is a stupid question, but i’ll help you… the weak point in the block are the rods and rod blots (which stretch at high rpm) and for the head its the valvetrain.

^^ what he said. unless you have internal work done, revving past stock redline you’re losing power.

is that extra 500rpm worth destroying your motor? why do you need 500 more rpm? are you at 13.0/1 c.r, with big cams, victor x or itbs, $1100 header, headwork and 4.785 or better f.d? this is a stupid question, but i’ll help you… the weak point in the block are the rods and rod blots (which stretch at high rpm) and for the head its the valvetrain.

oh god… I just ask a simple question… i need a 9500rpm to take advantage of first gear… and no i dont have 13.0 c/r, $1100 headwork or a victor X mani. ITS A STOCK BLOCK and its obvious that i do have cams/ springs and retainers… suprise! heres my setup with my dyno sheet. You dont need krazy compression and wild cams if you combine the right parts… sheesh…

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149108

how is it obvious you have cams/springs/retainers?? we dont know you or your car and you didn’t state that anywhere in the thread so there’s no need to get grumpy, big guy :smiley:

i personally wouldnt do it, but i’m sure that block can handle it. do you plan on revving that high all the time or just for a race or something? if its going to be a daily thing, i would get it built(well rods/bolts at least). i say that because i’ve accidentally taken my b16 to 9200-9500 a few times and it runs fine. but i wouldn’t do that on purpose. i actually never take mine to redline, even racing i shift like 100-200 before its in the red 'cause i’m paranoid.:excite:

bottem end is never the problem. :flame: