JDM ITR Recaro Seat Swap install..:

What’s needed to make this work or do I need to do some fab work? Did searching and the only info I found remotely useful was a write up on Honda Tech but the photos are long gone.

There are aftermarket rails sliders that make them bolt right up but they’re kind of pricey. They are available though. Bride, memory fab, etc. You can also fab them up yourself if you’re handy. I made my own rails for my recaros using the oem rails/sliders. I think they came out pretty good although they’re probably heavier than the aftermarket ones. I just figured it wasn’t an area to try to save weight and I would feel completely comfortable trusting my life with them.

Thanks for the tips. Any photos of the rails/sliders installed on the seat?

I didn’t feel like digging through my photobucket and reposting them all so here’s a link to some finished pics on my build thread. If you go back a few pages you can find some I took while fabbing them up.

http://forums.g2ic.com/showthread.php?216430-rollinmyda-s-build-thread/page27

That’s a good link! Now comes the task of finding CDM seat belts. Lol Would g3 seat belts work? I’m sure the buckles are the same and the dimensions as well.

Also, did everyone just cut a notch in the trim where the belt runs through the plastic trim and mounts to the floor?

Thanks!

[QUOTE=Boostpyro90;2319703]That’s a good link! Now comes the task of finding CDM seat belts. Lol Would g3 seat belts work? I’m sure the buckles are the same and the dimensions as well.

Also, did everyone just cut a notch in the trim where the belt runs through the plastic trim and mounts to the floor?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I’m not following you, which trim are you referring to?

Here is a pic of what I’m talking about, although not an integra. I’m referring to the belt when it goes on the inside of the plastic trim, then bolts to the floor…unless the integra manual belts aren’t structured like this. Do you just cut a notch in the trim so the seat belt can go behind the plastic trim? Hopefully that makes sense…

Hmm, I’m not sure. Mine aren’t fully installed yet, but it looks like there is a small gap between the rear panels and pillar covers for the belts to fit through by design.

You do not need to modify the rear inner panels when using the a/b pillar cover for the manual belts, it allows for a small gap similar to what you see in the pic which was posted.

Good info Colin, thanks!

Im planning to stick with the auto belts for now and mock up a seat. I just need to find an aftermarket seat rail that I can mount the lap buckle and auto belt to… wish I could see pics of how other people have done it.

Glad this post has people talking. So after my trip to California over the weekend to visit Matt over at M’s JDM, I ended up with a set of JDM “Special” Recaro non-Type R DC seats. They are identical to USDM type R seats less the seat pockets on the back side of the seat. That being said, I guess I’m pretty much working with OEM style DC rails. Same concept still apply or am I better or worse off than having the JDM type R Recaros?

Did you use DA sliders/brackets and just fab up the cross bars for the base of the seat to bolt to? Work looks good.

Since you have the DC rails I would think you could probably just modify a mount/bolt hole or two to get those rails to work in the DB2 rather than completely fabricating your own mounting system. But yes, I basically made my own cross section to bolt to the seats and then welded in another section to the oem sliders to bolt to the seat brackets I made.

Anyone using factory belts w/factory automatic seatbelts??