jdm mirror help/relay

hey, i just put in the jdm side mirrors on my car, i got them wired to each of the mirrors, the only problem is how to hook up the relay, i used the diagram from the teg tips, the only problem is that i don’t know where the location of the relay box that dwnlow used for his, i already tried to search for the answer, but couldn’t find it, i just need to know where the relay box is so i can complete the wiring, if anybody doesnt know, then how would you wire up the relay box from radio shack. help me plz.

i dont know which relay you want but if you want the accessory ones you can tap into any of the ones in the fuse box down by your leg. like if you want them on when your headlights are on, use that one.

if not, you can checkout the wiring diagrams in the helms manual which you can download by searching in the archives section. good luck

man, blackteg site is no longer, so i cant download it from him, hey do you have
thanks man

http://blackteg0.tripod.com/g2integra/id2.html

Hey dude that relay you looking for that dwnlow used isn’t on teh usdm teg, u have to get it of the jdm tegs along with the mirrors and switch, most people dont’ think about ever getting the relay off the tegs, but that’s one main thing u need or the mirrors wont’ close or open

have fun wiring the radio shack one, i’ve heard those sometimes dont’ even work right

what, man! that sucks, does anyone know how to wire it up using that radio shack one, or does anyone know how to wire it up so that it opens and closes when the car goes on an off.
man!!

Originally posted by zero_annai
what, man! that sucks, does anyone know how to wire it up using that radio shack one, or does anyone know how to wire it up so that it opens and closes when the car goes on an off.
man!!

i wouldn’t advise closing the mirrors when the car goes off and on, if u do taht to much you’ll blow the motor in the mirrors quicker

i thought so, i guess i won’t do it like that, hey does anybody have a diagram on wiring the radio shack one up, or know where i can buy that specific relay
thanks

I wonder if you can take the wire that powers the mirrors to go in and out and wire it to a constant, and put a switch on it so you can flip a switch and it goes in and out

did you get it connected? Which relay did you use?