JDM or RHD Passenger seat (the one on the left) question

On the USDM Integra, the passenger seat (the one on the right) has a cable that releases the seat track automatically when you tilt the seatback forward. It is designed to help passengers enter and exit the rear easier from the passenger side. The USDM driver’s seat does not have this feature. You need to tilt the backrest forward, and also reach under the seat front and release the seat track so that it will slide forward.

I carry a backpack with my laptop and work stuff to and from work everyday and since I’m 6’1", the driver’s seat lives in the “all the way back” position. That leaves very little space to put the backpack into the rear seat, even with the setback tilted forward, without having to reach down and release the seat rails every time.

Before I start butchering a pair of seat rails trying to adapt the passenger side cable and mounts to the USDM driver’s side, I was curious if the JDM RHD seat rails had this functionality for the left seat (since that is the passenger side of a RHD car).

The only issue I foresee is that I don’t believe the JDM version had the shoulder strap retractor on the side of the seat.

Let me get some input from our RHD experts on here, or if anyone has ever tinkered with this idea.

Pretty sure you are correct in your assumption of the left seat (would have to go take a peek). in my da6 that seat has said abilty. if only you were closer I would sell you my seats. Posted on CL ($20/ set for DA and DC) and they still dont sell! Good luck with modification if you go that route

I believe all I would need is the seat tracks the cable, and the reclining mechanism on the side of the backrest. I’d be willing to give you the $20 for those parts and you can toss the rest.

I can walk you though the dissasble if you need.

Let me know.