JDM Sidemarker Install Part 1

I finally got around to installing the JDM sidemarkers on my car and decided to do a quick write-up. The meaurements are really good approximations of where the markers are supposed to be placed, but I know they’re not precise. The only way to be precise is to either buy some JDM fenders or get a direct stencil from a JDM fender.

The measurements I used.

I used masking tape so I can mark where I’m going to cut the fender.

I then used a marker to outline my measurements so I know where to cut.

The semi-finished product.

I haven’t had a chanct to wire them up, but taht will be part 2 later this week. Cutting a hole in my car like that was harder than I thought… it pained me to see my car go through that. See you guys for Part 2.

What’s with giving us the finger? :stuck_out_tongue:

Just pokin’ fun at ya guys!:wink:

Which wires did you run to the lights?

I’ll be doing the same thing in a couple of weeks. For those who are installing them and have 1 piece headlights, the JDM lights has 4 lights. 1) headlights 2)foglights 3)corner lights. The 4th one is for the sidemarkers! Voila!

archivethis

I’m actually going to wire the markers to the bumper lights, which I will cover in part 2. The markers aren’t meant to glow with the parking lights on factory sidemarker equipped Integras, but actually blink only when the turn signal has been activated.

Originally posted by JETSPD1477
I’m actually going to wire the markers to the bumper lights, which I will cover in part 2. The markers aren’t meant to glow with the parking lights on factory sidemarker equipped Integras, but actually blink only when the turn signal has been activated.

:smiley: I have already done this on my DA. The first time I hooked them up, I spliced them into the corner lights…and it stayed on the whole time the lights were on and then flashed when the turnsignal was on.

So deffinatley wire them to the bumper lights.

Josh

http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/wan2bjdm/sminstall.html

Feel free to use this walkthrough as well…both for teg tips and personal use. Peace. Oh yeah, one word of advice if not already mentioned…slowness is the KEY people…SLOWNESS.

Stew :bow:

Kidenrage, I like the final outcome, but the hole you cut looks a little “rough around the edges.” If I am going to cut, I feel it needs to be perfect. I talked to a guy that installs those at a shop, and he said he just drilled 4 wholes (each corner) and then cut straight across. What do you think about that?

chris is the man!

Nice write up Elmer - looking good!

Originally posted by JETSPD1477
lol… i like when its on at night tho… i just ordered mine… not sure how i will wire it up… but i already know im not gonna enjoy cutting up my fenders…:argh:

Pics???

Ok, we saw the before, how about the after?