jdm y1 Tranny GEAR PROB

from time 2 time i can go to all gears but when it comes to stop and then go…i try to shift into 1st hear it wont let me…its like theres something stopping me from putting into gear …so in able for me to go into first i have to go into reverse…daily driving around 2nd gear seems to do the same and wont go into gear but i would have to force it real hard to go into gear…but i try to even force it into 1st gears it wont let me…

what could be the problem here…i dont get any grinds…just wont go into gear…

iam using 10w30 Castrol motor oil…im i low on oil or the syncros goin bad?..

Ive always had this problem with my '00 GSR. Its like the gears just arent lined up right. What works for me is just putting the shifter into 2nd before putting it into 1st.

I have a the opposite problem. I have a S1 tranny and sometimes it won’t go into reverse unless I hit 1st first. And words of advice for anybody that buys a JDM tranny no matter how good peeps tell you it is rebuild the damn thing. I have 2nd to third and third to fourth grinding and it blows. If anybody can rebuild a s1 tranny in the northwest pleaze le tme know I want mine rebuilt so I can race next season.