JL Audio W0?

Anyone had good or bad experience wit these? Thanks!

i’ve ran 2 10s and it was nice. and now i have a single 12. both W0s. the best thing about them is they work with moderately low power. i’ve got a 12 being ran on a crossfire 140 amp, thats all the bass i’ll ever need.

pretty low power handling at like 120rms. if you buy new might as well get a 12w3 for 100-140$. also consider the adire shiva for 130shipped, however its dual 8ohm.

i used to have 4 10 w-0’s… they rocked… i hit 148.8 db at one comp… i loved them. had to get rid of them and got 12w-3’s cause they all 4 wouldn’t fit in the teg. you can run a very little amount of power to them and they are sweet! you can also have alot of power going to them and they sound good!

just my thoughts…

I only got 1 JL Audio W0 and it sounds great with the setup i got going.

Surge how much did that setup cost you? oh wait didn’t you say awhile back that the previous owner did all of that? if so sorry stupid question.
-Andy

i have 1 10" w0 and it sound pretty damn good with my low watt amp pushing it…I would say that over it’s one of the best…

leeo

how many watts? how good is good? to me anything around 250rms+ with any type of sub is good enough for most people. i listen to mostly rap so maybe my minimum is slightly higher than those of techno i guess

if you know anything about JL Audio, you should know that they make some of the best subs out there. if you want it LOUD, they will get loud with enough power to them but they’re best known for their superior sound quality that provides very good bass reproduction. as for their W0 line of subs, they’re designed for small box applications with excellent bass response with low to moderate power. 150watts rms should be the most you’ll want to drive them with but i’m sure they could handle more than that.

i have 2 10’s w0 in a surprisingly small box pushed by a 200watt cheap pyle amp. although they’re pushed by a pretty cheap amp, they still sound very good. and i listen to all kinds of music - rap, trance, rock, pop/r&b…and the jl’s provide just the right amount of bass with the accuracy that i want. and when i really want to push them, they handle the job flawlessly.

Audio experts: would you choose a 10" MTX Thunder 8000 or a 10W0 for use in a .512 cu in box? Those are about my only two good options for such a small box. I know the MTX is gonna take a lot more power to make it sound good, which is why I’m leaning toward the 10W0. I got a free Profile California 2400, which could probably power the 10W0 quite nicely, correct? If I got the MTX 8000 for $60 (used, of course), I would likely go with a JBL 600.1 to power it for $197 shipped (new). I listen mostly to rock, but I want there to be bass when need be. So which would I be happier with - the cheaper (~$80 total) 10W0 and Profile 2400 or is it worth getting the MTX 8000 and JBL 600.1 for $260? Thanks guys, and sorry to piggyback your thread, NTegRacer.

the w0 is a low powered sub… thats the good thing, thumps without 1000 watt amp! i had 2 12s running of a 300 max watt kenwood amp… so thats what? 150*1 rms? heheheh… but i replaced it with a rockford punch 250a amp that runs 125X2 at 2 ohms whichis perfect since my 12s are 125 rms each…

yes i would have to say even the low model jl audio subs kill some higher priced subs, but i’m not naming names, JL have been making great subs for great prices, and they don’t need that big of a amp or sub box to work great, for me nothing but JL subs will do, i have one 10 inch W6 and i’m freaking happy

Originally posted by GStRing92
Audio experts: would you choose a 10" MTX Thunder 8000 or a 10W0 for use in a .512 cu in box? Those are about my only two good options for such a small box. I know the MTX is gonna take a lot more power to make it sound good, which is why I’m leaning toward the 10W0. I got a free Profile California 2400, which could probably power the 10W0 quite nicely, correct? If I got the MTX 8000 for $60 (used, of course), I would likely go with a JBL 600.1 to power it for $197 shipped (new). I listen mostly to rock, but I want there to be bass when need be. So which would I be happier with - the cheaper (~$80 total) 10W0 and Profile 2400 or is it worth getting the MTX 8000 and JBL 600.1 for $260? Thanks guys, and sorry to piggyback your thread, NTegRacer.

i think the answer is pretty easy. do you want it moderate or loud? granted the 8000 wont have as much quality as the w0, but itll play much much louder. actually as to the quality i couldnt tell you if its better or not cuz there are a lot more factors.
remember the jl is rated at 125rms, the 8k 400rms. thats a HUGE difference man. thats almost twice as loud. apples and oranges. see if you can. if you cant… well i would say 125 is like twice as loud as a good pair of 6x9’s. fills the car, but with some songs i like to tune the lows more. good, but not good enough for me if im gonna take the time torun wires, get an amp, a box and a sub. now with 400 thats like pretty hard hitting, hurt your chest, maybe make your eyes blur, 12 6x9’s in your ear. you make the call =P

now if i were you id get the 1200.1 as you can find them for 230 or so. very worth the extra $30. 600.1’s ive seen for a lot less. i got mine used for 120… i shoulda only paid 100 or 90 even but i didnt know at the time…
see what level you want… see MORE than you’d ever want… save up… buy it and have fun. dont be like us and waste money upgrading over and over