Just finished suspension, ride is very bouncy

BTW, I just spent the past hour searching, but I’m still unsure.

I just finished installing my Omni Power (sleeve-over) coilovers with KYB Gr2 struts. I took it for a ride and it is extremely bouncy. I was told that I didn’t need the bumpstops, so I did not install them, but after researching, I realized that I should put them in.

But my question is: will the lack of bumpstops cause a bouncy ride? Or is it just too low for the struts? I have the rears set up all the way, so I cannot raise it any further. It is at about a 2" drop.

I had the Gr2s on my 87 Supra with about a 2" drop and I loved them, thats why I chose them again. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

bump stops only prevent you from bottoming out.

Just ride it out for now, it’ll get better eventually. After I installed mine it was shitty too, but now its great. So just drive it around some more, eventually it’ll get better…hopefully. I don’t know much about suspension it’s just from my experience. Good luck

give it some time. if they are brand new they usually are pretty stiff for a while - depending on how much u drive.

Sleeve coilovers tend to be bouncy, i got skunk2 sleeve coilovers and there kinda bouncy to. The lower you go the more bouncy.

they should settle in time.

my left illumina i installed is also pretty stiff…even in the middle setting.

Well, I figured it out.

I used the small washers that came with the Gr2s thinking that they were better for some reason, but because the are so small, the lower rubber pieces under the top hats went over them. I took everything apart and used the gold stock washers, and now it is awesome!

I know what you guys mean about new springs being stiff, but this was ridiculous amounts of bouncing. Thanks for the replies everyone, I’m glad I got it fixed. Now if only there weren’t so many other problems…

maybe your just to low and the shocks cant take them…

u need shocks. i got the same problem with my sleeves. ur shocks arnt are not ment to go that low get some good shocks and ull see the a BIG differerence.

[QUOTE=oldskool-nick;1722616]Well, I figured it out.

I used the small washers that came with the Gr2s thinking that they were better for some reason, but because the are so small, the lower rubber pieces under the top hats went over them. I took everything apart and used the gold stock washers, and now it is awesome!

I know what you guys mean about new springs being stiff, but this was ridiculous amounts of bouncing. Thanks for the replies everyone, I’m glad I got it fixed. Now if only there weren’t so many other problems…[/QUOTE]

:sipread:

I realize you figured out your problem, but I couldn’t keep forum surfing without putting in my $.02

KYB GR2’s are not meant for a ride height anything less than stock. As a matter of fact, next time you get bored take a look at your warrenty card you got with them and you’ll see that the second you lower your car with these dampeners, you void the warrenty.

My guess is that the pistons inside the struts will become compressed too much, and will run the risk of seizing or blowing. Just keep that in mind when, in a year or so, every crack in the road feels like someone is beating on your subframe with a 10lb hammer! :smiley: good luck!

Eh, we’ll see. I had them on my 87 Supra for over 2 years with a 2.5" drop. I never had any problems.

I’ve had Tokico HPs and they blew pretty quick, I hated them.