just got valve adjustment on my 91 integra and still here clicking need help

plus or minus. Which means it should be in the range from (0.17-0.02) - (0.17+0.02). Assuming the 2 is actually 0.02mm

If you calculate it, this equates to:
Intake : 0.15-0.19mm
Exhaust it’s 0.17-0.21mm

Your numbers don’t seem right, BLACK1’s numbers look correct

Intake 0.08-0.12 mm(0.003-0.005 in)
exhaust 0.16-0.20 mm(0.006-0.008 in)

[QUOTE=wise_old_dragon;2204621]plus or minus. Which means it should be in the range from (0.17-0.02) - (0.17+0.02). Assuming the 2 is actually 0.02mm

If you calculate it, this equates to:
Intake : 0.15-0.19mm
Exhaust it’s 0.17-0.21mm

Your numbers don’t seem right, BLACK1’s numbers look correct

Intake 0.08-0.12 mm(0.003-0.005 in)
exhaust 0.16-0.20 mm(0.006-0.008 in)[/QUOTE]
well thats what the sticker says on the hood and right now my specs are set at .004 in and .006 ex should i set them to another spec can you let me know asap

i just remembered my cars a 91 and my cousin send me a pic of his 93 sticker under the hood and there the same numbers as black1s one so i go by black1s specs since my motors a 92 man i guess the 90-91 are different from the 92-93s

just so you know those numbers came out of my helms for a 92 model year and not off the hood sticker…

thanks blkack1 my cousins 93 integra shows those same numbers on the hood but i havent redid my adjustment but would you recommend what spec i should try next since i have it set at .004 in and .006 ex and they still click.

did i just watch your vid. is the noise coming from inside the head or coming from the block. pistion slap sound can travel threw the head. if you take a long screww driver and move it around the motor to try and pin point your problem.

alright thanks ill do that tomorrow and would that be bad that its a piston slapping what would be the damage airon235.

alright well my 92 ls motor is adjusted to .005in and .008ex and i still here a clicking noise and it doesnt sound from the head i used a stethoscope and the clicking gets really loud on the intake manifold ports. any more help i would really appreciate it.

Read the second post again!

^^^ This…

i guess that its the injectors but one last question im reusing all my old injectors and they never made that noise on my old motor and only one injector had to be replaced.

What kind of fuel pressure are you running? What was your old motor? What changes have you made to the fuel rail and injector mounting? Were the injectors cleaned? How did you know to replace the one bad injector?

I just watched your video. Has the timing belt been change ? I had the same problem before, I would do valve lash and it still sounded like it still needed to be adjust. One day when I was driving on the freeway my timing belt snaped. The next day I replaced it and it sounds better than before !

the fuel injectors were never cleaned but i replaced one only because the tip was cracked on one of them and the timing belt is brand new i put it on before i put the motor in. oh yeah my old motor was a 91 ls and the one i currently have is a 92 ls and i swapped everthing from the old motor on to this one.

alright guys well i just remembered that the clicking never happened when it would just idle but now i hear the clicking at idle after i had used fuel injector cleaner when i filled up the tank.

it always happens… it might have just been less pronounced to you. I see why you might have wanted to replace that injector but this whole seems to stem from that one injector. have you tried switching out with another or even trying to put the original one back in and listen to it.

why dont you take your stethoscope and start pinpointing the problem? obviously if it gets louder your headed in the right direction…

alright guys well i still have that noise but now when i rev it my motor starts to throw out white smoke i think im done and going with a jdm b20b from attarco for only 450.

white smoke = too much fuel

are you serious it means to much fuel because on other forums people say its the head gasket but if its too much fuel how would i fix this problem and im going to post another video tomorrow of the noise i still have so if you guys can give me some more opinions ill record when i start it up also because it sounds really bad and im really leaning towards getting the b20b for only 450 and 30k on it.

could be a head gasket - but if you have not yet adjusted your valves - then it could be burning gas. Does it throw white smoke immediately at idle? Or just when rev’d? white smoke that is steam could be water coolant from blown head gasket/block. white smoke that is smoke, is most likely fuel (from bad valve seals or adjustment??)