Just Ordered my chipped ECU for my teg

Got it from HAMotorsports for 135.00 shipped. with a custom basemap for my b16aII JDM swap.

configuration:

HA
Motorsports
Custom
Basemap
Program
ENGINE BASE : B16A
INJECTOR SIZE : STOCK 240cc
REV LIMIT : 8300
LAUNCH CONTROL : 3700
SHIFT LIGHT : 7800
VTEC ENGAGEMENT : 5000
VTEC OIL PRES. CHECK : NO
VTEC SPEED CHECK : NO
IAB ENGAGEMENT : NONE (No IAB’s)

Is this a good starter basemap?

what u guys think?

personally, i would have left the oil pressure check for vtec system.

why is that?

care to explain?

[QUOTE=integracer91;2112550]why is that?

care to explain?[/QUOTE]

its one of the principle factors for vtec engadgement. if the oil pressure isn’t high enough, vtec shouldn’t be engadged. how did they know without putting it on a dyno that your car will make power to 8300 rpms.

this is why i don’t like ordered basemaps. your basemap should be completely stock. a regular old honda map. from there you get on the street with a wideband and start tuning. or go to a dyno and get proper readings determining what the car is actually doing in relation to the power its putting down. the speed check and vtec pressure control shouldn’t be messed with. honda put it there for a reason. to make sure things are save before engadging the high cam.

in short - in my humble opinion, no it’s not a good place to start.

get your money back. call xenocron.

[QUOTE=icemanGSR;2112596]your basemap should be completely stock. a regular old honda map. from there you get on the street with a wideband and start tuning. or go to a dyno and get proper readings determining what the car is actually doing in relation to the power its putting down. the speed check and vtec pressure control shouldn’t be messed with. honda put it there for a reason. to make sure things are save before engadging the high cam.

in short - in my humble opinion, no it’s not a good place to start.

get your money back. call xenocron.[/QUOTE]

:iagree:

hmm.

ill just order a different chip or burn the rom myself then… its all good.

[QUOTE=icemanGSR;2112596]
get your money back. call xenocron.[/QUOTE]

I got it from HA Motorsports. for a lot LESS than Xenocron’s offering.

$129.00

iceman hit it on the head. basically forcing the oiling system to “use” the limited oil psi to lock the system means the oil has to be missing from some where… then again, i have had more then a few spun bearings due to oil pressure losses. your choice though…

less is not always more. chris (xenocron) has been a name in this game a lot longer then most and a great tuner to boot.

[QUOTE=integracer91;2112838]I got it from HA Motorsports. for a lot LESS than Xenocron’s offering.

$129.00[/QUOTE]

And you can get an even cheaper one of Ebay if you wanna pinch pennies. But jus because it’s cheaper doesn’t mean it’s good for your car in fact most ofthe time it’s not.

Got the Ecu in last night…

Opened her up and looks very quality, fresh board and zif socket installed. should have car running tomorrow. Matthiew at HondaAcura Motorsports is a very cool dude btw.

Alright! the ecu is installed and i am happy to report no problems.

the launch control is dope. i set it at 3700rpm, vtec engages at 5000rpm redline at 8300 CEL shift light set at 7800rpm, everything works as advertised. im ordering another chip for 35.00 with a p30 basemap with the above changes, with oil pressure check on and vtec speed check on. also im going to lower the redline to near stock settings. i don’t need a blown engine again. anyway check out HAMotorsports.com if you are interested in purchasing a chip or a chipped ecu. Don’t worry Xenocron, I’m still buying the Moates Ostrich 2.0 from you. so you haven’t lost my business altogether.

wait. you’re buying another chip because?

yeah, why would you order yet another chip? you can burn the same chip with another program and save yourself some $$.

less money up front…

Because i don’t own a rom burner yet. So in order to be on the safe side, im ordering another chip for cheap, and giving myself peace of mind.

here are the new specs.

ENGINE BASE = B16A
INJECTOR SIZE = STOCK 240cc
LAUNCH CONTROL = 6000
REV LIMIT = 8200
SHIFT LIGHT = 7800
VTEC ENGAGEMENT = 5200
VTEC OIL PRES. CHECK = YES
VTEC SPEED CHECK = YES

im no tuner at all and dont know much about computer tuning and all that jazz but i think your gonna have trouble getting traction at 6k rpm’s (launch control setting)

:werd:

yeah 6k seems rather high lol i mean i’ve seen people launch b16’s at 5k all day but even that produced some heavy spin. idk seems odd to me

…?

do you get the entire ecu chipped for $135 or just the chip?

Hopefully that $135 was the chip, the socketing service and the ECU.

Either way though the people here are partially correct… a basemap should really only be used for short-term. Long enough to get you to a tuner or a dyno and get a chip programmed for YOUR setup.

People can guess at settings all day, and not to knock Xenocron/Phearable or anyone else, there is no way to fully get the potential out of your car without having someone with a wide-band get readings from your car and make the necessary changes based on what your motor is doing.

my 2 cents.