Keeping Paint looking good, (washing, polishing, waxing, painting etc.)

Post your tips and tricks on how you take care of your DA, and your process of washing, polishing, waxing, etc. Feel free to post pics of your squeeky clean tegs before/during/after the wash!

Well I do a basic top to bottom wash and then use meguiars quick detail spray, or nu finish wax right after. Once in a while claybar before waxing.

I got this stuff from my work that i use on the tires and trim pieces its called no rub finish and it give the tires a nice shine, it has a more different shine then normal armorall.

Heres me before and at the norcal ef vs da meet, cleaned the shit out of it

I do stop by those little drive in washes sometimes

Id like to know what other products people use, nxt was good

Basic wash when it gets close of getting dirty. I like using ICE. Its like your waxing at the same time. Use two microfiber cloths when wiping it dry. One cloth to get most of the water out and the second one to remove the streak marks.

Never let the dirt settle for a long time on the paint. And when dust start to form, I use a car duster to brush it out otherwise thats when dirt gets stuck on there if you leave it there for a while.

When waxing and buffing? I just take it to Sweetwater car wash. Those dudes to an excellent job with that mirror look finish. They detail this mother as if they are getting it ready for a car show. Seriously. Your from san diego. you know where that is. Heres a pic.

I polished my car on Saturday and My clear coat being old, it went all the way through the clear coat. Could I just spray clear coat on the spots? Any suggestions on reclearing those spots. It’s rainy season I need help asap!!

very nice…it looks like a new one…nice work

Sweetwater car wash? im not sure on where that is, how much is it for a full wax and buff? I think im gonna go there as soon as i find out, ill take some pics before and after.

about a 100 bucks. Full detail. Meaning door jams, all edges. No wax residue on the edges. Wheels cleaned up. NO interior work. Yeah take some pics. I’d like to see it.

If coming up from up north. get on 805 south. Exit sweetwater. then turn left on the light. Its right there on the right hand corner. You won’t miss it. That place is always busy.

I am a full service detailer for Ziebart, I always start with a power wash. I spray cleaner.on the wheels and wheel well lips and power wash it. Then I use a non wax based soap and a clay bar on everything including windows and lights. after a wash making sure to get all the soap off your going to want to use a water blade or squeegee to get most of the water off. After that use an air gun to blow water out of the cracks and crevices. Once dryed always use done sort of compound based wax if you clay bared the car. This will cut down the clear coat just enough to remove any scratches the clay bar might have caused. once the compound is removed with a micro fiber, use a finishing protective wax to coat the paint. Usually a compound isn’t enough because it is more of a prepping wax and doesn’t protect. I then finish with cleaning the windows and door jams as well as all trim and Fender lips.

Any tips on removing water stains from the windows and outside mirrors. I used to never dry my car until now lol.

not sure if it will work on windows and mirrors, but i know glass cleaner and newspaper work wonders on chrome rims. give that shot

As mentioned above, use clay bar on the windows… It should get water spots off.

If the clay bar doesn’t work I would try a semi abrasive wax to the window, and mirrors

Another tip to add if you end up with cheap, faded, or stained single stage re-paint: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/76288-92-acura-integra-tackling-stained-white-paint.html

The final results are in the 2nd page of the post.

How the fuck do i get that stuff or paint help???