key wont release when cold

i have a 93 gs model integra and im having an issue with the key not releasing when its cold outside and my park light is not turing on,(it does come on when i get in my car and leave) i can drive it just fine but when i get to work i have to wait for about 15-20 min for the park light to come on and then my key will release, my trans does go into park just the car is not knowing that its in park any help or tips are very helpful at this point this happens every winter or under very cold mornings

We have a 90rs that does the same. It’s probably a bad electrical connection. Haven’t gotten around to a proper fix yet. Our light doesn’t always come on and it takes very slight downwards pressure on the shift handle to get the light to come on,.then it will release the key. I had been thinking the problem was in the shift indicator* but now with your description I’m thinking it’s in the ignition. If we get this resolved I’ll let you know. Please do the same.
I’m afraid we are due for a real cold California winter this year. Right now I’m on week two of trying to replace the radiator. The first new one had fittings that we’re longer than the OEM one and hit the cross member. Second one was all wrong.
it’s always the simple stuff that holds things up. Good luck to you!
​​​​

• There is a write up somewhere (bit don’t ask me where) about replacing bulbs and cleaning up the electric connections and repacking the grease, as well as adjusting the cable. Still plan to do this sometime.