kms springs and retainers ?

i was wondering if anyone heard or was running any of the kms brand. I was planning on running crower stage 2 cams in my b18a nonvtec and i wanted to know if the dual springs from kms will work with the cams or not. I tried calling crower but their tech support is horrible and they didn’t give me any answers. help would be much appreciated

don’t try to cheap out, when it comes to ur head. use the Crower vt. its not expensive at all

i was thinking about this setup for my b18a stage 2 crower cams and skunk2 valve spring kit 235.00$

I just recently bought their ultimate valve train package with valves, dual springs and retainers, I also bought there bronze valve guides. Just finished putting everything in the head but still building the bottom end so I cant tell you how they work yet but im planning on running crower 403’s with them and I’ll let you know when I put it all back together.

i ordered the same valvetrain package, and i too need to do the block work, so i guess we’ll both see if there worth while haha

This maybe unrelated but I purchased KMS bronze valve retainers for my B17a build and they sent me non-VTEC retainers loose in ziplock bags.

Archon This maybe unrelated but I purchased KMS bronze valve retainers for my B17a build and they sent me non-VTEC retainers loose in ziplock bags.

that’s odd, when I got my stuff it was all in sealed packages and all nicely wrapped.

chadwick67 i ordered the same valvetrain package, and i too need to do the block work, so i guess we’ll both see if there worth while haha

Haha thats awesome, what are you doing for your build?

I should have mentioned that I built my engine 3 years ago.

Please don’t say you bought items from KMS…

IF you are lucky enough to even receive what you ordered, be prepared for a rebuild in a year under DD conditions!

why? what is so bad about kms.

im sorry but if you could realize what it takes to properly manufacture internal engine parts for any type of engine, none the less a high rpm vtec engine, you would understand why you would not want to purchase cheap parts.

also if you have had the experience of building engines, and having been around countless other builds, you would understand this concept also.

bottom line…it costs alot of money, alot of engineering, and alot of quality materials, with alot of expensive equipment to build quality parts, thats why mugen and toda stuff is outrageously expensive, because you can beat the living fuck out of it day in and day out, and it wont break.