Koni Yellow / Ground Control Owners. . . Chime In

All,

I’m very interested in upgrading from Ksports to Koni/GC setup. . .

I’m currently using DC Integra application, and was wondering if I should get the same application when ordering the Koni/GC set?

I’ve looked into the difference as far as shock length and both fronts and rear are shorter on DC tegs.
from Koni via Honda-tech

MAX MIN (mm)
90-93 Integra
8041-1200 Sport (F) 474 368
8041-1201 Sport (R) 516 371

94-01 Integra (mm)
8041-1152 Sport (F) 433 308
8041-1153 Sport (R) 486 343

My thoughts are that I may not need the extended top hats (1" shock travel gain), since shock travel is already gained due to shorter bodies - that is full length difference 1.6" (Front) and 1.18" (Rear)

And at the same time, suspension droop may be lost. . In full body coilovers, this could not apply as shock length is independently adjustable, but according to some, Koni should have some droop (or spring slack with shock body fully extended) so that there is adequate support on the rod as far as side loads against the body? How much droop is at least needed?

So, I would like to hear you opinions as far as how much spring slack you have? and if I should proceed with DC integra application?
worst case, is to ditch DC forks and ITR rear control arms. . .

Thanks,
Neil

P.S. I went to GC website and only saw options Touring, Aggressive, Race, Custom. Does this apply to the springs rates? or valving as well?
Any more information will be appreciated.

i actually have a da set and dc set randomly.

i’m using 550lbs up front and 450 rear (the car only drive to the track and back home) 600 is the max for them unless you race valve them. I haven’t put the dc konis and gc on the DA but can probably test fit them since all my struts are off right now

Let me know how the 2 sets compare. . Hopefully, it doesnt become too slammed due to shorter bodies. . .

all you got to do is move up the perch to the top in the rear that the sleeve sits on. Then you should be ok.

http://winhpde.com/tech/civic/ef-honda/EFhybridsus.html

I see, my concern was running out of threads to get the vehicle to desired height.
Do you have pics on how much more thread left for adjustment with respect to ride height (or fender to tire gap)?