KYB GR2's on GC Coilovers?

I searched a little, but nothing was specific for these two matched. I’m thinking of this combo cause I can get it all at a pretty good price. Just wanted some of your input on this setup. Was also thinking of maybe going with the AGX model up front instead of the GR2. What do you all think? Is the ride quality gonna be alright to a 2in drop like I want?

hey i got that exact set-up. the ride is good quality and it handles pretty damn good compared to other cars i driven. i also got a adjustable camber kit and new control arms.

Did you go with the gr2’s all around or the agx up front? What brand camber kit? I was thinking Vision A arms for myself. Anyone had experience with them?

Originally posted by makalu
Did you go with the gr2’s all around or the agx up front? What brand camber kit? I was thinking Vision A arms for myself. Anyone had experience with them?

vision upper control arms won’t fix your camber but it’s gonna give you negative still at the max of the adjustment

What camber kit is everyone useing then? Ingalls?

i would suggest the agx with gc’s. the gr2’s are supposedly equivalent to the #2 agx setting (15% stiffer than stock), and depending on the stiffness of your tire you may want to adjust for different occasions. ie with my stock tires #3 (30% stiffer than stock) was the best all around, but with azenis the walls are so stiff #3 is almost unbearable on the freeway. i have to bump down to #2. i would prefer something like a 2.5 but there isnt, which is why im upgrading to koni’s eventually.

Dont the agx only come for the frint? So did you buy the gr2’s for the rear? I am running 205/40/17 kumho tires. And it is harsh with the stock struts.

Originally posted by makalu
Dont the agx only come for the frint? So did you buy the gr2’s for the rear? I am running 205/40/17 kumho tires. And it is harsh with the stock struts.

ya you have the option of civic rears, but itll be lower. im actually using civic koni yellows for the rear on the lowest perch to even out my sportlines.

youll probably be ok with gr2’s as those low pros are already stiff. someone with softer 14 or 15’s may want it to be stiffer which the agx provides.

also dont forget the warranty is void with most shocks if you lower past 1.5", koni’s allow any height.

I was looking around for a deal on the GC coilovers and need to get top mounts. Is about $150 a fair price for them? All 4?