lack of power

i did an ls/vtec when i press the gas it hasitate b4 it takes off. i check ed my timing and can not adjust it to the stock setting the dis will not bring it back how can i fix it.

Re: lack of power

Originally posted by dwayne
i did an ls/vtec when i press the gas it hasitate b4 it takes off. i check ed my timing and can not adjust it to the stock setting the dis will not bring it back how can i fix it.

First of all, you need to talk straight! I can’t understand what you are trying to say. You’re doing alot of run-on sentence and bad spelling. I’m sorry but you’re not being clear to what you are saying. Please be more specific also. :frowning:

Thanks.

Re: lack of power

Originally posted by dwayne

Translation into english (I used to live in the hood- I understand this shit)

Hi there. I was wondering if you could help me. I recently swapped an LSVTEC motor into my G2 Integra. But lately- when I press the accelerator, it hesitates before the power comes on. I did a check on my timing and I cant seem to adjust it to the stock settings. Adjusting the distributor does not seem to bring the timing back to stock settings. Does anyone have any advice for me on how to adjust the timing back to factory specs ? Thank you for your time and help !

:lol:
bump for u

check/replace if needed spark plug wires, distributor cap and rotor.

Replace the usual,inexpensive stuff first before you think about the major items that might need repair.

:bow:

What IM and TB are you running? If your still with the b16 stock units, you shouldn’t have any hesitation; I noticed a slight hesitation and small loss of power between 1k and2k rpms with the installation of the itr manifold and TB; but it did pay me back from 5k up:)