led headlights

Has anyone bought led headlights for the jdm 1 piece.
I know you won’t find led h4h lights but I’ve seen people retro fit the h4h bracket into the h4 bulb so I figured it’s kinda the same for led headlights.

A buddy of mine owns an led business, and he has shown interest in producing the h4h configuration. Problem is at the moment I am still on the market trying to find a reg. Once I find one I will get this going. So it is dependent on that. I will keep you posted.

1 Like

Won’t the heat sink straps / base make it a bit cumbersome? It would eat up a fair amount of real estate behind the housing.

There’s different types with different size heat sinks.
look them up

OK so my led Cree chipped light bulbs came in today. Thayer actually cost less than the halogen h4h bulbs.
I retro fit them in my jdm 1 piece and they fit nice and snug in place without and space issues. Took me like 30min to get them in and mounted.
So I bought the h4 bulbs since my harness is already fitted for the jdm 1 pc headlights.
they Com in as a plug and play kit.
they have a removable sleeve that hold the 3 prong h4h mounting bracket.
I so I removed the metal 3 prong bracket then trimmed down the small tabs the hold the screwed bracket leaving it perfectly round.

then I removed the adjustable 3 prong bracket from my h4h bulbs and slipped it over the removable sleeve that we just trimmed down to remove the tabs.

once it’s on it won’t come off. So make sure you test fit everything so it lines up and dead center. The led chips should point left and right not up or down.

once ready and everything is checked the secure the outer sleeve with the new h4h prong in the headlight, then you just line up the bulb behind it. Push it in and twist to lock and done.

I did have to trim the rear dust boot a bit since it does need enough space to vent and circulate air to cool.

hook up the plugs and zip tie anything loose and done. The kit is water proof.

pics failed.

how was the lighting?

It’s 10x better. The enter install war really easy.
you basically use the 3 prong front your h4h halogen bulbs and slip it over to the led. Only thing I’d you have to buy the led that hold the h4 3 prong bracket with two small screws. Then you remove the bracket and shave down the tabs so you can slip the h4h ring on it.

Do you have any pictures of the light output up against a wall?

interested too, because usually an led replacement into a halogen reflector housing emits the output everywhere. Looks like a blob on the wall, no cutoff. Maybe not since he stated that the led diodes need to be facing left to right.

Yeah no it not a blob of light how you think it would. The diodes actually help focus the light output forward. In other words you can see two bright spots emitting from each bulb due to the left and right leds. This is what it looks like when you face the wall at night to adjust the beam (x-x x-x) you have a led facing the left and right of each headlight so each headlight looks like this x-x.
the light output to compare can look the same as projectors. Not the exactly the same but almost. Oh and way better that hids. They don’t put out a blur of light, it actually looks clean.
I tried to upload pics but it’s site makes it impossible.

This is what I did with mine and works great and the output is outstanding…

Just checking to see if anyone sourced some real H4H Leds. I put some in the eBay one piece headlights and love them. I’ve been unable to find H4H versions for my JDM one piece headlights. There’s also a brand of headlights that came out that’s called “H4H” so it’s totally screwing up internet search results. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

That means you can get H4H Brand H4 bulbs. Cuz that’s makes sense.

I didn’t really want to mess around with modifying H4. I still have some pairs of halogen H4H too.