Legend Yellow Foglights Done Different

If you’re like me and got super excited because you found an Acura Legend in your local scrapyard and grabbed the foglight capsules only to come home to find you got them from the wrong generation. They look a little different but can be made to work just as well. Beforehand you may want to remove the glare guard from your foglights using what ever method you prefer (I did so I can’t say whether or not these capsules will fit with the glare guards in). Now for some pictures:

The capsules when you first get them:

With a quick 2 cuts of the supports with a dremel and cut off wheel they come out looking like this:

Then bend the tabs flat with a set of pliers and a steady hand and put them in the housing. Unfortunately you will only be able to get 1 hole to align but it seems to be held pretty solid:

It gives a nice yellow light off with a surprisingly good cut off for no real restrictions in the housing:

Nice! I’ll have to do this when I put my 3piece lights back in. It looks to me that even with out the stock foglight glare guard and capsule glare guards that the light doesn’t shoot out in every direction which is nice.

Another project to add to my list!
Thanks for the upload!

Intresting, think I would rather try this than paint the lens yellow. Thanks

I know its a old thread but anybody know what generation legend he got that from.

The ones in the OP look more like vigor capsules. Or possibly lexus (not sure the model).

I have the same capsules, I can’t remember if I took them out of a Vigor or Legend (too long ago). What I do remember is that it was an Acura and the flog light lens was glass, and it was like an 80’s or early 90’s Acura.

i would go to the junkyard and find these. and i assumed they were the ones everyone mentioned to get. so i cut the pieces just like you did and installed them. pretty easy.

question…what metal pieces do those belong to (4x next to your capsule on the desk)
they look familiar as in mounting hardware for a DA part ?

[QUOTE=wingbox;2318093]i would go to the junkyard and find these. and i assumed they were the ones everyone mentioned to get. so i cut the pieces just like you did and installed them. pretty easy.

question…what metal pieces do those belong to (4x next to your capsule on the desk)
they look familiar as in mounting hardware for a DA part ?[/QUOTE]

They are the metal tabs that help hold the foglight lens to the housing. I had my fogs apart when I did this so it must have been before I resealed the lenses.